Lieutenant
I click the icon and log in. It says Do you have and existing Cryptic account? Logging in, please wait...

That's it. I've let it sit there for a while already and nothing happens. Nothing happens when I answer the question either.

Here's a pic.

http://i.imgur.com/AY6xEH1.png

Last edited by kriact; 05-24-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Ensign
# 2 Launcher not showing up
05-24-2013, 02:02 PM
I've tried everything, purging all cryptic /startrek/neverwinter files/cache files and reloading, loading from safe mode, running as admin, the launcher wont show up. even if it does, it crashes 2 to 5 seconds after i try to log in. my browser is up to date, i've checked everyrthing over 100 times including antivirus. i'm at a loss for what the problem is. all i know for certain is its not the hardware.

"Does this look infected to you?"
Ensign
# 3
06-21-2013, 03:55 PM
I too am having this same issue. still have not found a way to make it appear. i only use the small preview window on the start bar to get my information in to log in, but this is extremely annoying. i also tried running a file check through the launcher, did not resolve it.
Ensign
# 4 found a fix
06-21-2013, 04:11 PM
This is the fix I found

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharrs View Post
Hello all,

This is my first post in the forum (that I can remember) so I hope it is helpful.

Before I go further, thanks to rossgr for giving me a jumping off point to search for the solution.

I believe this problem is similar to many on this thread, using steam or the regular game shortcut to open the launcher results in having the taskbar icon for STO displaying an open login screen for the launcher. The problem is the launcher isn't being displayed on the desktop so we can all login.

In my case it is a migrated window. The launcher window was offscreen in the upper left corner.

STEPS TO FIX (migrated window for windows 7)
1. With the STO running and displaying the icon in the taskbar tray.

2. While holding down shift, right click the icon ( I used the left shift button for SHIFT+RightClick).

3. Select Move from the listed options.

4. Use keyboard arrow keys to move the window back on screen (In my case, pressed DownArrow key about 5-10 times then pressed RightArrow Key about 30 times to get the window back on screen).

RESULTS
The launcher window will now be on the desktop ready for interaction.

ADDITIONAL INFO
- I have closed and reloaded the launcher from steam and it now loads to the main screen on desktop.

- the link where I got my instructions:
http://ask-leo.com/how_do_i_move_an_...windows_7.html

I hope this is of help to those still in a bind.
Commander
# 5
08-09-2013, 05:15 AM
Thx uglyjimmy , it works now.

Last edited by tmassx; 08-09-2013 at 05:20 AM.
Career Officer
# 6
08-09-2013, 01:16 PM
So I just got hit with this and the work around posted by uglyjimmy isn't working. I've tried launching and relaunching the game several times using the work around and nothing happens. I've tried using both Arc and the normal game launcher. Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: Am on Windows 7 32bit.

Edit 2: Ooookay so I figured it out and it's very weird. Upon launching the game it was opening a blank dummy window off of my screen for some reason. I right clicked on the dummy STO launcher window in my taskbar and selected "Star Trek Online" and it opened another STO.exe in a window off screen. That window eventually loaded into the launcher, but it was still off screen. Had to right click on that one and select move, which allowed me to move it back onto my screen. The weird part is that the blank dummy window was still active...so I just right clicked on the first STO.exe and closed that one out. The second copy of STO.exe stayed put and allowed me to log into the game. What in the world is going on here lol.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009

Last edited by lan451; 08-09-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Captain
# 7
08-10-2013, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lan451 View Post
So I just got hit with this and the work around posted by uglyjimmy isn't working. I've tried launching and relaunching the game several times using the work around and nothing happens. I've tried using both Arc and the normal game launcher. Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: Am on Windows 7 32bit.

Edit 2: Ooookay so I figured it out and it's very weird. Upon launching the game it was opening a blank dummy window off of my screen for some reason. I right clicked on the dummy STO launcher window in my taskbar and selected "Star Trek Online" and it opened another STO.exe in a window off screen. That window eventually loaded into the launcher, but it was still off screen. Had to right click on that one and select move, which allowed me to move it back onto my screen. The weird part is that the blank dummy window was still active...so I just right clicked on the first STO.exe and closed that one out. The second copy of STO.exe stayed put and allowed me to log into the game. What in the world is going on here lol.
Cryptic is going on here.
Lieutenant
# 8
05-24-2013, 02:45 PM
OK so I was submitting a ticket and after I clicked submit I got a window telling me to try some stuff before I did. I did read putting in you forum name when logging in. I did that some and just got invalid log in or password. Then I used my e-mail to log in and it's patching now.

pic

http://i.imgur.com/3NVMtyv.jpg
Ensign
# 9
06-19-2013, 03:24 PM
I am having this same problem! I tried putting my forum name: brennu
It still is doing the same thing. what am I doing wrong?
Captain
# 10
06-19-2013, 03:36 PM
I cannot even reach this point. I click on the launcher, but nothing opens at all.

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, ISS Queen Elizabeth, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord

Click here to view my DeviantArt.