Ensign
# 1 Cryptic/PWE Account issue.
05-26-2013, 09:14 AM
I have previously subscribed to Star Trek Online whilst it was solely under the auspices of Cryptic Entertainment, enjoyed my time and then stopped playing after a while.

Recently I've downloaded the game and am attempting to play it once again but I am having some trouble with linking my PWE account with the old Cryptic account.

I have followed the instructions as per the website exhaustively but am still experiencing problems.

My old cryptic account and my new PWE account (which was created to try neverwinter a few weeks back) use exactly the same details. Both the login and the email address are the same on both accounts. As such, when I attempt to log in using these details, it connects me to the PWE version of this account NOT the Cryptic version and doesn't prompt me to link the accounts together.

I wouldn't worry except that I have a number of rather heavily invested, well developed characters on the Cryptic account that I was keen to incorporate into my play this time around and I can't access them at all. They don't exist on the PWE account and since it doesn't seem to recognise that I have a cryptic account, I see no way to get at them.

I've submitted a support ticket outlining my problem, but haven't received any communication from PWE at all so far, not even an automated response suggesting they've noted my ticket.

(Side note: I've also read some reports of cryptic accounts that weren't manually linked by players by a certain date being arbitrarily assigned to new PWE accounts for the purposes of transferring them to the new database. I'm not sure if this has happened here and my old account is simply linked to an automatically created PWE account that I have no knowledge of. I have no idea how to find this out.)

Any help would be much appreciated.
Ensign
# 2
05-26-2013, 09:33 AM
Good luck with that. I've been waiting for 12 days for the same issue. Just get comfy.
Ensign
# 3
05-26-2013, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikedateramusa View Post
Good luck with that. I've been waiting for 12 days for the same issue. Just get comfy.

That's rather disheartening to hear.
Career Officer
# 4
05-26-2013, 10:17 AM
What complicates matters, was because of a security 'incident', there was a MANDATORY PASSWORD CHANGE requirement on Cryptic accounts. And if this wasn't done before the PWE buyout of Cryptic...
Ensign
# 5
05-26-2013, 05:38 PM
I'm having a problem like this, except for me the detail are different but when i try to link my old Cryptic account to my current PW one it tells me the PW account details are wrong (I'm logging in now with the same info so its not wrong)

and then when I try to link it to a new account it tells me my secondary email address is already being used, (which it isn't cuz i never use it) then when i try to go log in with that second email it tells me its not in use.

I've submitted a ticket but this sounds hopeless right now.
Career Officer
# 6
05-26-2013, 05:56 PM
My husband has been having the same issue for a few months now. Maybe they'll take it seriously since now they have the new LoR out and they have the chance of making some money off the players they help because 4 months ago when I talked about this we still didn't get any help.

What's really sad is my husband just created a new account to login to see the romulan stuff and even tho he just did it on PWE website, the thing is telling him it's not a valid login but he's at this very moment downloading the patch files.?!?!?

What the world is going on over there?
MMO's of 2014 where normal gameplay is considered an exploit and the eastern billing model is celebrated by apologists. smh
Career Officer
# 7
05-26-2013, 06:03 PM
Not sure if they have a different support team but I just went over the the PWE website (not the STO one) and posted another support request with my details (because they just closed the last one assuming wrongly that it was due to the new expansion) so we'll see how long it takes this time.
MMO's of 2014 where normal gameplay is considered an exploit and the eastern billing model is celebrated by apologists. smh
Ensign
# 8
05-27-2013, 02:26 AM
I am having the same issue, I took a very long break and now want to spend a few months (maybe more) checking out all that has changed and play the Romulan storyline.

I submitted a ticket over the weekend hoping for a quick solution to my problem on Monday or Tuesday however now I'm worried that I'm going to be left waiting as other players have.

It's only costing them money if they let us wait too long, I will probably sub or at least buys some items on the store to check them out but I'm not going to hang around for too long if Perfect Worlds support is as bad as I'm hearing.

I hope they get this sorted out soon though.
Lieutenant
# 9
06-04-2013, 12:24 PM
Another full week gone by, still no response. No better than common thieves.
Ensign
# 10
06-04-2013, 02:10 PM
I had a response after 2 days then nothing for about a week now.

This is actually a really interesting situation. They have customers who have already spent money on their games and want to spend more. Yet they continue to provide service to people who have yet to convert to paying customer.

Its a good bet that if they give people like me good service (after spending at least $200 on this game) that I will spend more. Why would you help 10 people who are un-paying and not 100% likely to pay at all. That logic doesnt make sense to a business.

They have 24 more hours to get my account issue fixed or they miss out on $120 (or more!)

Last edited by effreem514; 06-04-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Closed Thread