Survivor of Romulus
# 1 I love the Romulan uniforms
05-31-2013, 08:28 AM
Yes, the TOS ones are awesome and I'm glad that they made it in game, but I'm talking about the Romulan Republic ones created by Cryptic.

I really like the way they look, my char. looks awesome in those uniforms. They are very ellegant and yet have that certain ruggedness to them that you would expect from a rebelious faction like the Republic and are very Romulan in details. They also look especially good when you mix different ellements of them, including the ones that are cretaed for Fed/KDF alligned Romulans, nothing looks out of place and maintains the awesome overall look they have in my opinion.
I remember back in one of the dev.blogs they said that the art team working on the uniforms used inspiration from miscellaneous Star Trek shows and movies that portrayed the Romulan uniforms, trying to use their design as a starting point, but add the Romulan Republic feel to them. I must say they comletely managed to do it! Nice work art devs!

This is almost as important part to me as is my choice of ships. Because that's what we end up looking at all of the time - our ships and our chars. My Romulan looks very good in these uniforms and also my ship crew wearing similar selection on board the warbird is a big plus.

----------------------------------------------
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Captain
# 2
05-31-2013, 09:20 AM
I do agree that they look nice, especially the civilian Romulan attire. The ladies dresses are so sexy! The men's engineer looks like an actual factory worker's outfit, and the warrior's outfit looking like something a ranger, forrester, or scout would wear. All in all, a job well done.
Republic Veteran
# 3
05-31-2013, 11:42 AM
I love the look of them, but they're a bit buggy for me at the moment.

The Rom-KDF uniforms look superb, I just wish the neck wouldn't come through them when you move!

I can never get them to look how I want - one part of the uniform always seems to change the colour of another. When I was playing fed, I used to get round that by logging out and using the player character creator to make it, then load it into the BOFF - but with the Romulan uniforms not being available until later in the game, that's not possible.

When the bugs are sorted out, I'm going to have a hard time chosing between the KDF and Tal Shiar uniforms.
Commander
# 4
06-30-2013, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philhodgson View Post
I love the look of them, but they're a bit buggy for me at the moment.
Yeah this is one thing they've done really well. Though like you I do see some bugginess. I find I can't take torso and stomach size below a certain level or I see clipping problems.
Career Officer
# 5
07-01-2013, 02:42 PM
All the civilian clothes are great. The special pieces each named NPC comes with adds to their individual colour. And the republic uniforms are great.

I have 1-2 disappointments.
Look at the choice painting between Fed and KDF. You can make that uniform KDF. But Fed side there is no skirt. In fact there is One skirt free, and one buying the TOS uniform. Neither really looks right with the faction uniform. That would be a nice fix.
Ensign
# 6
06-29-2013, 02:12 PM
On the subject of romulans and uniforms, can a fed sided romulan wear the section 31 costume from the c-store for example?
Captain
# 7
06-29-2013, 02:22 PM
I do wish the Romulans had access to traditional Romulan uniforms from TNG/DS9 timeframe, even with the terribly exaggerated shoulders.

Tebok
: TNG style, but having a sash like the old TOS ones.

Taris: The commonly used style for most of TNG.

Lovok (1, 2): Tal'Shiar member from DS9. Does not have the exaggerated shoulders.

Donatra: Nemesis Romulan uniform.

The current ingame Tal'Shiar uniform has alot of features not usable by the player. Not to mention alot of Romulan Republic & Rom-Allied uniforms have terribly bad palettes that don't even match their opposites (left and right forearm items use 2 different palettes, for example).
Ensign
# 8
06-29-2013, 05:41 PM
I would like to ask one question about the uniforms... I just unlocked the Omega armour (tier 3 reputation) on my Rommy and cant seem to find out how to change colour or anything on it. I switched to my Fed Char who has both Maco and Omega... He can only access the Maco??? Any ideas? as its a little infuriating spending all that time getting the Omega armour and cant seem to access it,,, or am I missing something and being a noob?
Career Officer
# 9
07-04-2013, 03:12 PM
I like the Romulan Republic uniforms, but everything else on the Federation side is a pain in the ass to match any of the colors.

The Romulan uniforms all seem to have different sets of colors. Even pieces of the same set. The Romulan Republic 1 wrist pieces (the ones with the white cloth on default) have different sets on each wrist.

Also, the Federation Romulan uniform share a color set with the Federation faction uniforms, which don't match near anything on the Romulan side. You would have to wear the entire set (which, in my opinion, looks awful compared to the Klingon version), rather than mixing and matching parts from the Romulan's unique wardrobe. And I'm sure that new uniforms will be added in the future.

If possible, Cryptic should decide on one color set to apply to all Romulan uniforms, and also fix the texture differences between the uniforms sets, and sometimes the pieces from the same set. For example, the Federation tight pants, with the metal texture on them, appear extremely shiny, and I can't find a single uniform top that matches that texture.
Commander
# 10
07-07-2013, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enoemg View Post
The Romulan uniforms all seem to have different sets of colors. Even pieces of the same set. The Romulan Republic 1 wrist pieces (the ones with the white cloth on default) have different sets on each wrist.
Yeah that one is pretty bizarre. I managed to match mine up but bugs like that definitely detract. And it does make it harder to mix and match.