Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Obviously not a bug, but wanted to post here since a lot of bugs and complaints filed here by members about the server performance.

I was blown away at how fast I logged in to STO last night! After loading the client, it immediately went to my character selection screen. No "retrieving characters" wait message or anything. Then when I selected my character, the client opened and put me in my ship in space LITERALLY in milliseconds (less than a second)!

I've never logged into an MMO that quickly before. I was extremely impressed.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-20-2010, 09:50 AM
Just going ingame, have to see how it works for me lol
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-20-2010, 09:52 AM
Odd, no changes for me. Still takes lots of attempts to log in and then get dumped out everytime I try to enter/leave a system or beam onto/off a planet.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-20-2010, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebnai
Odd, no changes for me. Still takes lots of attempts to log in and then get dumped out everytime I try to enter/leave a system or beam onto/off a planet.
Sounds like it's an STO client issues or something on your PC or with your Internet connection. The servers are much better as I've seen a huge improvement there.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-20-2010, 10:00 AM
I'm pretty sure they haven't installed the new servers yet. Last night, when the servers came up, everything was fast. Then, as more people came on, the latency bugs returned.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtauntaun View Post
I'm pretty sure they haven't installed the new servers yet. Last night, when the servers came up, everything was fast. Then, as more people came on, the latency bugs returned.
Hmmm. I heard about new servers then noticed how fast my login was last night.

Perhaps it was just coincidence for me to have such a fast login experience when few people were logging in and I let rumors coincide with that?

Hmmm.. I swore someone told me they added new servers. I'm going to have to ask around again.

EDIT: Nope, I was right...

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/899

Quote:
So, we tore apart our logs and began doing a lot of extra optimization work even while we stumbled upon some truly bizarre crashes that can only appear with this sort of load. The result? The shard has been steadily improving over the first few days of Open Beta. Given the hardware we're adding and a couple more fixes we have in the pipe, shard performance and stability should continue to improve over the coming week.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-20-2010, 10:38 AM
Well I just got booted from the server so problems are obviously stillr ife
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-20-2010, 01:31 PM
(removed)....
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-20-2010, 10:20 AM
new servers, huh? guess that's why i can get in so often