Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Career Officer
A thought: perhaps the Romulan Republic should let in a LIMITED number of other species to have commissions in the Romulan Republic Fleet, similar to the French Foreign Legion.

It makes sense as the Romulan Republic fleet would want to provide for the defense of New Romulus and all the threats in Tau Dewa and beyond.

Allowed Races:
  • Vulcans: This would help bring the Unification story to full realization. This should NOT be done haphazardly, but rather as part of a FE series on Reunification or a standalone episode maybe for the 4th anniversary.
  • Joined Trill: These are already cross-faction with the KDF, so creating them in the Romulan Republic makes sense. One would think D'Tan would be very keen on having highly experienced and long-lived people give wisdom to the RRF and help them see there is a better way.
  • Can't think of any other races where this would be appropriate really. But those would be a grand start.

Some mechanics:
  • Vulcans and Joined Trills DO NOT begin as members of the Romulan Republic (i.e. you can't create a level 1 toon in the RR of this race). They do not do the whole Virinat story unless they choose to replay.
  • The idea is they are L50 characters in Starfleet (or KDF if Joined Trill) and resign their commission to join after achieving T5 New Romulus reputation (i.e. D'Tan extends them an offer).
  • The decision to leave Starfleet or KDF and join the Romulan Republic is a permanent, one-time choice just like the Romulan allegiance choice.
  • Vulcan players in the Romulan Republic ally with the Federation automatically and cannot select Klingon allegiance. Joined Trill can join either allegiance.
  • You can't join if you have any T5 Starfleet or KDF vessels commissioned. You must dismiss them and from that point on, you fly Republic warbirds, Singularity cores and all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
They need to stop the exodus, fast. Here's 2 ways:
* Cut Upgrade Dilithium cost in half;
* Undo any and all XP nerfs.
And, as a general rule of thumb, don't keep treating your customers like your enemy, that you feel you have to stifle/nerf at every corner.

Last edited by sekritagent; 06-01-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Captain
# 2
06-01-2013, 12:16 PM
I really hope stuff like this doesn't happen, there is no need for it. I rather see more people wanting to just play Romulan and Reman so the faction looks more like it should instead of like a zoo. Just remove the ridges from a Romulan and it looks Vulcan anyway. Trill shouldn't be available at all, it would make less sense then KDF Trills. That was sort of explainable because Curzon Dax was respected by Klingons, but there is no Trill that has that kind of respect from Romulans.
Rihannsu
# 3
06-01-2013, 12:46 PM
NO

Vulcans are FED. Period.

Joined Trills can help Romulans from where they are.

I say - let's add Suliban. Intelligent people without homeworld. We could find a common ground.
Career Officer
# 4
06-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
NO

Vulcans are FED. Period.

Joined Trills can help Romulans from where they are.

I say - let's add Suliban. Intelligent people without homeworld. We could find a common ground.
I agree. I would go so far as to say the Romulan Republic should just be Romulan and maybe Reman. I do not like what was done with the Klingon Defense Force either. It should have been Klingons period. The KDF and Romulan empires are being reshaped to be too much like the Federation. The Federation is the conglomeration of several species working together for their betterment. Why play KDF and not play a Klingon, why play Romulan Republic and not play a Romulan/Reman? I can't quite figure it out. My only assumption is that people who want these options are not strict followers of the Star Trek television shows. Anyway, just my opinion.
Captain
# 5
06-01-2013, 04:51 PM
While there are certain canon refrences to Klingon subject races (that one episode of Enterprise springs to mind) Orion and Gorn were probibly added so people could play those races without having to install mini factions.
Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
What's my position?
That people should know what they're screaming about!
(paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
Career Officer
# 6
06-01-2013, 04:51 PM
My Romulan character is a Trill-Romulan hybrid.

It confounds me as to why so many players obsess over the options available to other players. If you don't like Trill playing for the KDF, then don't play one. Mind your own business.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
06-01-2013, 04:58 PM
Can we please keep some semblance of the Romulan homogenous society? Please?
Captain
# 8
06-01-2013, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azniadeet View Post
My Romulan character is a Trill-Romulan hybrid.

It confounds me as to why so many players obsess over the options available to other players. If you don't like Trill playing for the KDF, then don't play one. Mind your own business.
Because it makes the factions hub look dumb, its bad enough they allow aliens already.
Rihannsu
# 9
06-01-2013, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captrott1 View Post
I agree. I would go so far as to say the Romulan Republic should just be Romulan and maybe Reman. I do not like what was done with the Klingon Defense Force either. It should have been Klingons period. The KDF and Romulan empires are being reshaped to be too much like the Federation. The Federation is the conglomeration of several species working together for their betterment. Why play KDF and not play a Klingon, why play Romulan Republic and not play a Romulan/Reman? I can't quite figure it out. My only assumption is that people who want these options are not strict followers of the Star Trek television shows. Anyway, just my opinion.
I agree with this lets not water down the "Romulan faction" anymore than it already is.
Captain
# 10
06-01-2013, 05:10 PM
Reunificationist vulcans can be made by alien generator, or just creating a romulan and not giving him or her any ridges.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.