Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Fleet System and Holdings
Login

Empire Veteran
We've been asking for months for this.

The imbalance between the DOff drop-rate and the DOff requirements has made a mess of the exchange and, until the silent nerf, mailboxes.

Common medical and security DOff are starting to sell for more than some rare and even very rare DOffs. I cannot fathom how this is working as intended. Even in 450+ member fleets, science and military projects tend to sit for days waiting to be filled, only wanting security or medical DOffs.

Player suggestions to resolve this issue have been:

1. Balance the starbase DOff requirements with the drop-rate ratios

2. Allow projects to accept either department for each section (e.g., instead of 90 tactical and 90 security, 180 tactical or security)

3. Add department specific fleet doff packs.

To players reading this, please only add constructive comments to this thread so it isn't closed (I am trying to restrain myself as well). This change would be beneficial to the 200+ players I'm representing in my fleet and no doubt for many, many other fleets as well.

Also there are some that would argue against the change. Keep in mind that whenever there is an imbalance is a system, there are some that would profit from that imbalance and maintain it. Also there are some that meet the challenge of the imbalance, overcome it and conquer it. To those I would say, should the rest of us continue to suffer to satisfy your greed or glory?
Captain
# 2
06-05-2013, 07:34 AM
I don't disagree, but you should be thankful.

It used to be x number of specific duty officer. i.e. Sensors officers.

I am finding the random luck chance and the price gouged exchange a bit much, but then again I have more time and fleet credit than I care mention so I can easily drop 50 of each in a day. It just results in a lot of clicking.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Rihannsu
# 3
06-05-2013, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc10b View Post
I don't disagree, but you should be thankful.

It used to be x number of specific duty officer. i.e. Sensors officers.

I am finding the random luck chance and the price gouged exchange a bit much, but then again I have more time and fleet credit than I care mention so I can easily drop 50 of each in a day. It just results in a lot of clicking.
This, compared to how it was, it's much better now.
Captain
# 4
06-05-2013, 07:53 AM
Don't think this needs a fix, just shred purple doffs from colonial support assignments into 27 white doffs. Should be easy to get loads on whites daily from a couple of crits. If you hate refugees, just sell them. It used to be worse like some people said. There used to be uncommon and very rare doffs required for some upgrades.
Captain
# 5
06-05-2013, 07:53 AM
The whole fleet reputation system is above and beyond what it should be, we ahve 2 current projects that need 2 million dilithium each. We have somewhere between 300 and 400 members and maybe 100 of those can contribute. It is setup now where you either contribute and have fleet credits up the yin yang or can use dilithium to buy gear for yourself but not both. Then the doff's part of it adds even more frustration for many members when you get a full crew in blue and purple, you then have to have open crew spots to get the common doffs to contribute and be able to do even less doff missions.

The whole system is made for mega huge fleets of 1k or more contributing members so nobody has to contribute more than 10% of earned dilithium and only a few doffs. This in no way works for smaller than 500 player fleets especialy when not everyone is capable of contributing 8k per day dilithium and 10 doffs. So the fleet system needs a revamp to make it where it is based on how many are in the fleet and a set percentage on how much each needs to contribute to get projects rolling rather than above and beyond what they can make in a day for daily projects. set it for a weeks worth for the upgrades.
Captain
# 6
06-05-2013, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetwtf View Post
We have somewhere between 300 and 400 members and maybe 100 of those can contribute.
I'm in a fleet with about 200 members, not all active. We've almost unlocked tier 5 (about 10 days). Getting 27 white doffs per fleet member by just doing colonization efforts and grinding crits should get you all the doffs you need to avoid dilithium sucking projects. Yes, it sucks you have to give up 27 doff slots for a while, but really, most people don't really do doff assignments unless necessary for something.
Empire Veteran
# 7
06-05-2013, 08:11 AM
I feel that the largest issue more falls under not so much the lack of DOFFs for some of the areas, but more that SO many fleets have reached tier 3/4/5 areas, and thus need much larger amounts of DOFFs.

It is an issue though, I agree. The slow gain of some DOFFs is extremely annoying to deal with. Having it be a mix would go a long ways to making it less painful. So if you needed to fill a project, all you'd have to do is just buy X number of DOFFs (be it with EC or FC), and not have to worry about what you got.

Eventually it will get to a point that it might be as bad, or nearly as bad as the old Sensor DOFF issue.

Captain
# 8
06-05-2013, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
I feel that the largest issue more falls under not so much the lack of DOFFs for some of the areas, but more that SO many fleets have reached tier 3/4/5 areas, and thus need much larger amounts of DOFFs.

It is an issue though, I agree. The slow gain of some DOFFs is extremely annoying to deal with. Having it be a mix would go a long ways to making it less painful. So if you needed to fill a project, all you'd have to do is just buy X number of DOFFs (be it with EC or FC), and not have to worry about what you got.

Eventually it will get to a point that it might be as bad, or nearly as bad as the old Sensor DOFF issue.
27 White doffs=Support colonization efforts crit (Purple doff)->Grind down to 27 white->Use for SB progression.

If you do all 13 with the right doffs each day you should crit 2-5 (or more if you're lucky). Plenty of white doffs to use.
Ensign
# 9 It's all in the canon
06-05-2013, 08:25 AM
Guys don't you see, the whole system is just true to the canon! Can you remember how the lack of trained medical personal forced Star Fleet to use holograms? Don't you think the hard working conditions (and the reduced lifetime) of "redshirts" in the security department takes its toll? What would you say to your child thats telling you about his wish to become a redshirt in Star Fleet???

And the rampaging unemployment of scientists in the Federation is just an aspect of social injustice the creators did not want to show! (As for the lie of the "moneyless economy")

;-D

Last edited by syntros; 06-05-2013 at 08:29 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 10
06-05-2013, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucho80 View Post
27 White doffs=Support colonization efforts crit (Purple doff)->Grind down to 27 white->Use for SB progression.

If you do all 13 with the right doffs each day you should crit 2-5 (or more if you're lucky). Plenty of white doffs to use.
But there's no guarantee of getting all 13, and even if you do, there are cooldowns on them once they are completed.

I do use those DOFFs and de-grind them, it is extremely useful, but those 27 white DOFFs aren't guaranteed to be what you need though either.