Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
I've been wondering why I've seen so few Saurians, Tellarites and Pakleds in comparison to the many other species.

Do the players just not like to create them?

Makes me wonder why they were included at all if the above case is true.

I mean, they're minor races at best, hardly more then cameo appearances.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
06-15-2013, 05:53 PM
Tellarites are one of the original federation founder races
Captain
# 3
06-15-2013, 05:55 PM
It is because they are limited and don't have much impact. People generally go for the human like or completely alien characters. Both are in abundance in STO. These races have never made a huge impact in Star Trek. I suppose if one of these races had a memorable character like Quark, Rom, or Nog in the Star Trek series, then we would be seeing more of them.
Captain
# 4
06-15-2013, 06:18 PM
That's why bug fixes and other stuff don't get done quickly, because there aren't very many Pakleds to make things go.
Captain
# 5
06-15-2013, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
It is because they are limited and don't have much impact. People generally go for the human like or completely alien characters. Both are in abundance in STO. These races have never made a huge impact in Star Trek. I suppose if one of these races had a memorable character like Quark, Rom, or Nog in the Star Trek series, then we would be seeing more of them.
This is the most likely cause. In addition their traits are ground based and not the best ground based traits either.

They're being outclassed with regard to ground traits.
Captain
# 6
06-15-2013, 07:42 PM
Actually Saurian is a decent race, their racial is not that bad either, Pakled is also pretty decent and so do Tellarite that can just remove confuse with a activatable ability.

Problem is ... these are recent changes, also a lot of people are using outdated information of when back (almost) everyone rolled a Alien because of space traits.

Now considering how long some people have those characters and the investment they did in Season 7 with the Reputation system and things are tied its no wonder the situation remains, as the game is so Alt unfriendly they will stick with their characters until at least re-race token is avaible.
Former Star Trek Online Player
Captain
# 7
06-15-2013, 07:56 PM
I was debating between tellarite and bajorans. Bajoran won out because of its healing abilities.
Career Officer
# 8
06-15-2013, 08:29 PM
My Saurian was my first toon, and main character. He has efficient as a trait.
Ensign
# 9 game play
06-16-2013, 04:38 AM
hey i couldnt find where i should post this but i few of ther guys i play with and few others i have talked to would like to know if there could be a new way to control our ship like maybe fly the ship from inside the ship so we can see the action on the screen and hails on the screen too i dont know if you could make this an option but it would be good to look into it also with new customizations to the bridge would be awesome
Captain
# 10
06-16-2013, 05:13 AM
You can visit the inside of your ship, and interact with various things. However, you will not be in any space areas, thus, no interaction with any encounters, or missions, (*Except those that call for you to scan data files on your computer*), as the encounters are literally not on the map with you.

butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
Temperance Brennan, "A building"