Lieutenant
so ye...
the title says everything

Give the Defiant a Battle Cloak!

Before we got those Romulan Battle Cloak ships, i could understand why it had only a standard cloak; so that the Klingons had something special (BoP battle cloak).

But since there are now plenty of Battle Cloak ships around, why not upgrade the Defiant cloak
(of course give the Qin Heavy Raptor a battle cloak too imo)

So what do you guys think?
Commander
# 2
06-19-2013, 08:30 AM
the defiant doesnt sell anymore, so the answer will be more likely: " it is working as intended"

they are not sleeping, they know romulan ships are op, they needed to be that way, otherwise it wouldnt sell
it's not the ship or the build, it's the atitude
Rihannsu
# 3
06-19-2013, 08:42 AM
What do i think?

Take your more tribbles, more ships, more consoles, more races, more ship skins, more doffs, more boff access, easier boff training, your own fleet stations with faction look, more doff missions that reward faction gear and boffs, and place it all someplace dark and moist.
New home of the Romulan Republic.
I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
Captain
# 4
06-19-2013, 08:48 AM
OP has a point.

It should have inherent battlecloak, not even a console
Lieutenant
# 5
06-19-2013, 09:01 AM
Quote:
OP has a point.

It should have inherent battlecloak, not even a console
thx for mentioning that...i totally forgot that point

1 console slot less for everyone flying a defiant (cloak) compared to the romulan ship
Captain
# 6
06-19-2013, 09:04 AM
Come on guys haven't we seen enough of these threads. Instead of doing a old ship with battle cloak why doesnt cryprtic make a new ship with battle cloak for the feds
NO TO ARC
Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
Lieutenant
# 7
06-26-2013, 05:51 AM
Non-battle cloak is silly anyway. all cloak should be usable in battle. It was always that way in Star Trek. I know this game has not much to do with Star Trek anymore, but still... And for the romulan cloak, all should know, that Romulans are who made the cloaking device, even TOS klingon ships are romulan. Romulans traded ships and cloaking tech to klingons, federation stole it. And in Defiant, they used a romulan cloaking device, supervised by a romulan. So Romulan Cloak should be best, Klingon should be not that good, and feds... well they was always OP in star trek, maybe its time that in this game they shall not be that. And in STO since some Romulans are allied with feds, they could have romulan cloaks. Maybe a console, usable by all ships. Why console? Because i know many would cry about it like "CLOAK was unique for klingons, then defiant had it." and then "BATTLE CLOAK was unique to klingons now romulans got it" But silly ppl who saying that, doesnt know, the fact that klingons was first even dumb to build starships, not speaking of cloak, so basicaly klingon space tech is based on romulan space tech. And feds knew how to build cloaking device since TNG, thats sure.
So if it would be a console, not all feds would give up console space for cloak (hopefully). As noone want to play again a cloak vs cloak fights like kvk... who gets boring first decloaking...
Career Officer
# 8
06-26-2013, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylephoenix3 View Post
Non-battle cloak is silly anyway. all cloak should be usable in battle. It was always that way in Star Trek. I know this game has not much to do with Star Trek anymore, but still... And for the romulan cloak, all should know, that Romulans are who made the cloaking device, even TOS klingon ships are romulan. Romulans traded ships and cloaking tech to klingons, federation stole it. And in Defiant, they used a romulan cloaking device, supervised by a romulan. So Romulan Cloak should be best, Klingon should be not that good, and feds... well they was always OP in star trek, maybe its time that in this game they shall not be that. And in STO since some Romulans are allied with feds, they could have romulan cloaks. Maybe a console, usable by all ships. Why console? Because i know many would cry about it like "CLOAK was unique for klingons, then defiant had it." and then "BATTLE CLOAK was unique to klingons now romulans got it" But silly ppl who saying that, doesnt know, the fact that klingons was first even dumb to build starships, not speaking of cloak, so basicaly klingon space tech is based on romulan space tech. And feds knew how to build cloaking device since TNG, thats sure.
So if it would be a console, not all feds would give up console space for cloak (hopefully). As noone want to play again a cloak vs cloak fights like kvk... who gets boring first decloaking...
What is this? Revisionist history?

The Romulans bought the D7 from the Klingons for the cloaking tech.
It's even explicitly stated in the episode this was from "Romulans now using Klingon design".
And the Enterprise was also unable to outrun the Romulan D7 at the end of the episode.
The Romulans were the ones who could not build decent ships, not the Klingons.
Do you actually watch Star Trek or do you just invend stuff on the fly?
Captain
# 9
06-26-2013, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
What is this? Revisionist history?

The Romulans bought the D7 from the Klingons for the cloaking tech.
It's even explicitly stated in the episode this was from "Romulans now using Klingon design".
And the Enterprise was also unable to outrun the Romulan D7 at the end of the episode.
The Romulans were the ones who could not build decent ships, not the Klingons.
Do you actually watch Star Trek or do you just invend stuff on the fly?
"Balance of Terror"
The Romulans built the first cloaking device, not the Klingons.

But yes, according to other available info, the Rom's did use terribly bad ships in the Fed/Rom war, that still somehow did well for them, but the first Warbirds, and getting the Klin D-7 cruisers were definately an improvement for them.

butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
Temperance Brennan, "A building"
Career Officer
# 10
06-27-2013, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlnyghthawk View Post
"Balance of Terror"
The Romulans built the first cloaking device, not the Klingons.

But yes, according to other available info, the Rom's did use terribly bad ships in the Fed/Rom war, that still somehow did well for them, but the first Warbirds, and getting the Klin D-7 cruisers were definately an improvement for them.
I'm not questioning "Balance of Terror"...please read again what the person I'm qutong wrote.

"And for the romulan cloak, all should know, that Romulans are who made the cloaking device, even TOS klingon ships are romulan. Romulans traded ships and cloaking tech to klingons[...]
[...]
But silly ppl who saying that, doesnt know, the fact that klingons was first even dumb to build starships, not speaking of cloak, so basicaly klingon space tech is based on romulan space tech."

Based on this BS the Klingons bought their ships AND the cloak from the Romulans because the Klingons were literally too dumb to build ships of their own.

Again please read what I was responding to before you post.