Lt. Commander
Star Trek Online is currently down for a brief maintenance period. We are expecting this downtime to last no more than 3 hours. Upon completion of the maintenance, this message will be updated accordingly.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-21-2010, 06:36 PM
New Servers?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-21-2010, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinBullets View Post
New Servers?
We can only hope!
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-21-2010, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyle View Post
We can only hope!
Nah, they need to brew a pot of coffee and bake some cookies.
Lt. Commander
# 5 wow~~
01-21-2010, 06:44 PM
2 hours ??? really .... hmmm good timing hopes is something good
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-21-2010, 06:49 PM
As a general rule of thumb, expect the servers to be down from 9pm - 1am central standard time, then you'll be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't happen.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-21-2010, 06:51 PM
I think I'll go watch some Star Trek: TOS on CBS.com or maybe throw in TNG or Voyager to pass the time, If you can't play it might as well watch it. Just wish I could find DS9 streaming onlne, haven't had the money to pick those up yet. Although I did just get the season 7 of Voyager recently which was all I was missing from TNG and Voyager
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-21-2010, 06:49 PM
Yes its a Beta. But heres a tip. You want a stress test? Don't take the beta offline during what is the peak playtime for most individuals. How do we stress it then?

I do play to test. I report every bug I find. I can't find a single one trolling the forums though. You want testers? Have to make the game available. Can't test when we are at work or asleep.

Plus, they better get into the habit of patching not during peak hours. Someone said "No one is volunteering to come in at 4am" or something else equally stupid involving 4am. Well again, I point to live... What are you going to do then.

This is a legitimate complaint. Want testers, have the dam game up and able to be tested.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritOne View Post
Yes its a Beta. But heres a tip. You want a stress test? Don't take the beta offline during what is the peak playtime for most individuals. How do we stress it then?

I do play to test. I report every bug I find. I can't find a single one trolling the forums though. You want testers? Have to make the game available. Can't test when we are at work or asleep.

Plus, they better get into the habit of patching not during peak hours. Someone said "No one is volunteering to come in at 4am" or something else equally stupid involving 4am. Well again, I point to live... What are you going to do then.

This is a legitimate complaint. Want testers, have the dam game up and able to be tested.
Translated.....I don't have a life....Daddy I want to play NOW!!!!!!.......
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-21-2010, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritOne View Post

Amen!

I think when they said "We will patch the beta during the wee hours" they meant in GMT, and not local time. Seriously how can we test the game if most of us get on at this time? I'll have to go to damn sleep by the time it is back up. That means yet another night you lose my bug posts, and I do friggen software testing for a living. My boss makes ME work during the morning so should you! LOL

Come on fellas if you do this after go-live you will lose a lot of people that can only game in the evening.

That 'nuff QQ for ya?
Closed Thread