Captain
# 1 nerf ship names!!!1!
06-21-2013, 01:19 AM
I really do not understand, why cryptic let such a huge exploit to run since beta.

the naming of the ships can be exploited to such an extent, that it is now ridiculous.

what it means:

I have seen several times, that ships are named, USS healmepls, and USS donthealmepls (possibly trying to activate GDF), USS crowdcontrol, and so on.

this gives a huge advantage in pugs, where you dont necessarily know your team, and not everyone has the access to the voice options. this way instant information is spread through the team, that gives them an edge, compared to the other team, who are not exploiting

also another great examples are the likes of USS asdfsadfdsafdsaf USS Schmetterling and USSdfkasjfieflkajfdij and such nonsense gibberish.

this makes even premades harder, with voice chat, as they try to coordinate attacks, and they cannot concentrate fire on that ship, as they cannot pronounce it. further more, this gives an even bigger adv against pugs and premades without voice, where you would actually have to type those names down!

I really hope, cryptic deals with those exploiters, who are taking advantage of honest players
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
Republic Veteran
# 2
06-21-2013, 02:36 AM
Could just target off your allies target by clicking on your ally.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
06-21-2013, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdzso0 View Post
[...] USS Schmetterling [...]
You want to look that word up. Not nonsense gibberish at all.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Republic Veteran
# 4
06-21-2013, 02:50 AM
Yo dawg. Use target of target to target your ally target targeting.
And those healme\dotnhealme is nothing more than just silly names, and if don't than there no reason to not name ship like that, not agaist any rules and i find it very clever tbh
2010 is my join date.
Career Officer
# 5
06-21-2013, 03:04 AM
USS Schmetterling...let me guess...this is supposed to be a game where players should only be allowed to use ship names in what South Park called "God's Language: English".

"Schmetterling" is German and means butterfly and is not gibberish unless you consider every language besides your own gibberish.
Captain
# 6
06-21-2013, 03:12 AM
Firstly, I must say that sometimes I do believe people pick very stupid names that don't fit on a ship, but it's their choice!
Secondly, klingon ship names for example are also unpronounceable unless you are familiar with klingon and/or by definition accept that as a "good" name. Seriously, if someone names it Bat'leth, how is it different from At'choo (bless you!)?
Thirdly, some names are in the players original language, so they may seem gibberish to some but no to others nor themselves. How do you know if it's that or a "stupid" name?
Finaly, unless you are proposing that the first name has to stick and you can't change it, or even declare a stupid amount of credits for name changes, I don't really see how you can prevent it from happen. What do you propose?
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-21-2013, 03:24 AM
I don't think any of you are taking ferdzso0 seriously enough
Captain
# 8
06-21-2013, 03:29 AM
lmao....

This is a great bit.

Point taken... we all need to stop complaining... Nerf nothing. Or it will go so far I won't be able to fly my Romulan named ships anymore, because Human vocal abilities are sub standard.
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
Captain
# 9
06-21-2013, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmgtorres1979 View Post
Secondly, klingon ship names for example are also unpronounceable unless you are familiar with klingon and/or by definition accept that as a "good" name. Seriously, if someone names it Bat'leth, how is it different from At'choo (bless you!)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
I won't be able to fly my Romulan named ships anymore, because Human vocal abilities are sub standard.
two other great examples of exploit. name your ship some unpronouncable klingon nonsense, go into pvp with the exploit, and say "it is for RP reasons"

Quote:
Firstly, I must say that sometimes I do believe people pick very stupid names that don't fit on a ship, but it's their choice!
and if it is my choice to use haxx. should I be congratulated for being so brave and resourceful? same goes for exploits (like this)

Quote:
What do you propose?
the game already has a vast number of randomly generated names. with a revision of the list, it can be easily made to work, and could be expanded on a monthly bases, with polls on the forum, so no such exploit can be made, behind the backs of the majority of honest players' back
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
Career Officer
# 10
06-22-2013, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdzso0 View Post
I really do not understand, why cryptic let such a huge exploit to run since beta.

the naming of the ships can be exploited to such an extent, that it is now ridiculous.
LOL.

Oh, wait, you're serious.

"The Snowmenz Are Coming! The Snowmenz Are Coming!!"

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Closed Thread