Lt. Commander
# 1 Manually Downloading Patches
01-21-2010, 11:16 PM
Howdy there,

I went to play STO and the launcher wanted to download a patch, so ok, I did. And notice that it's around 700MB. So with that large of a file, I can't download it on the computer I'm playing on, and have to download on a different one then just transfer it over to my computer.

So is there a mirror download site or a way to download patches manually? Would be a great idea if there isn't that option for people like me that have whatever reason for downloading large files.

Thanks ya'll.
Lt. Commander
# 2 Manually download patches, where?
01-23-2010, 04:11 AM
I am one of those who would very much appreciate downloading patches from a mirror site rather then downloading the patch through the client as i can get much faster connection and no limit download in another computer than my home computer. The of course i have to move the file via USB key to my home computer but that is so much worth it rather then spending hours trying to download the patch in my home computer if iīm capped by my phone company and donīt have any speeds to be downloading ca 800 mb patch through the game client.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-23-2010, 04:37 AM
Agreed - a manual patching option would be much appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-23-2010, 11:59 AM
This would be very nice. I will be moving soon and will have to utilize cellular internet. From my research, I should be able to play fine, but most plans have a 5GB a month limit and patching can eat that up. I will have to find a way to patch without carting my desktop around town.

Please?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-26-2010, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drekkyk View Post
This would be very nice. I will be moving soon and will have to utilize cellular internet. From my research, I should be able to play fine, but most plans have a 5GB a month limit and patching can eat that up. I will have to find a way to patch without carting my desktop around town.

Please?
Exactly! That's my situation also.

All well, looks like our support was looked over. I'll submit a ticket and ask that way. I'll post back if I get a reply.

I would like to buy the game, but I don't want to unless I know that I will be able to manually download patches. So I think this warrants a good reason to contact via ticket support.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-26-2010, 11:21 PM
Patches Are no 700 mb. that is the size of the file that is being patched (or all the files total being patched)

example

i have a files coolgamefile.exp it is 500 mb

i have a patch for that file that is say 2 mb down load.

the cryptic launcher for some reason that i don't understand reports the size of the files it is patching not the size of the patch.

next time you patch watch the numbers. a few 100 kb is not 30% of 700mb

how ever i do aree with you. it would help the patch lag we get on patch day.
Closed Thread