Lt. Commander
I keep hearing the Foundry is finally back online, which is something I've been looking forward to a lot. However I am unable to access it as a KDF player.

Some info:

- I bought the Foundry access unlock ages ago.
- I have 1 Federation Foundry character already
- With this Federation character I can log in just fine.
- I can also make additional Federation Foundry characters just fine.
- It says I have 4 character slots open.

However when I make a KDF character, it immediately gives a "Character Creation Failed" error before booting me back to the login screen. I've tried about 30 times now using various KDF races, and it keeps giving me this same error. It's very frustrating as I was looking forward to creating KDF content for my Romulan RP fleet.

Would anyone know of this issue and perhaps a possible workaround?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 2
06-24-2013, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord7tareq View Post
I keep hearing the Foundry is finally back online, which is something I've been looking forward to a lot. However I am unable to access it as a KDF player.

Some info:

However when I make a KDF character, it immediately gives a "Character Creation Failed" error before booting me back to the login screen. I've tried about 30 times now using various KDF races, and it keeps giving me this same error. It's very frustrating as I was looking forward to creating KDF content for my Romulan RP fleet.

Is your account a silver or a gold?

When you try to make a UGC Klingon, do you make any changes other than race to the drop-downs?

Is this also happening if you just accept whatever appears when you click to creat the character?

Have you filed any tickets on this issue? If so, can you get me the number(s)?

This shouldn't be happening. Is anyone else getting this issue?
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-25-2013, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
Is your account a silver or a gold?

When you try to make a UGC Klingon, do you make any changes other than race to the drop-downs?

Is this also happening if you just accept whatever appears when you click to creat the character?

Have you filed any tickets on this issue? If so, can you get me the number(s)?

This shouldn't be happening. Is anyone else getting this issue?
Thank you for your reaction.

To answer your questions:

My account is silver. I have had a year-long subscription in the past, but only recently returned to the game due to the Romulans and am playing for free for the time being.

I've tried everything, from making changes to the drop-down bars to keeping whatever the Foundry generated for me. It makes no difference. Whatever I do, when I make a KDF Foundry character it gives the error.

I have not filed an ingame ticket as I was under the impression those tickets are pretty much never answered, but if you say it helps I'll gladly do so.

As for others having the same issue, through google I found a similar topic on the Tribble forum from several weeks back. I don't know if that has been resolved for those people since then however: Foundry - KDF Char creation fails - FED works

And this latest topic popped up on tribble, though it is for a Federation character, which I can create just fine: Character Creation Failed Crash
Empire Veteran
# 4
06-25-2013, 04:43 AM
Quote:
As for others having the same issue, through google I found a similar topic on the Tribble forum from several weeks back. I don't know if that has been resolved for those people since then however: Foundry - KDF Char creation fails - FED works
Thats my post and its still a problem now on holodeck, maybe I made a ticket for it but its not like we can actually view our tickets to tell you the number.

Anyway I put it on my list of KDF specific issues a while back here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=757541
House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)

Last edited by bootyboots; 06-25-2013 at 04:50 AM.
Captain
# 5
06-25-2013, 07:28 AM
Quote:

Some info:

Did you purchase character slots? As far as I know, you only get ONE free foundry character slot, and then any others you need to buy extra slots from the Zen store.

That's what I did, and it's fine...
Empire Veteran
# 6
06-25-2013, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amahood View Post
Did you purchase character slots? As far as I know, you only get ONE free foundry character slot, and then any others you need to buy extra slots from the Zen store.

That's what I did, and it's fine...
its not fine. creating a new KDF foundry character results in an error. This was a bug on tribble with legacy and has been a bug on holodeck since may 21
House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-25-2013, 12:29 PM
Tested several times... couple times changing every field....
also several times when leaving it as it appeared when I opened character creator.

Almost all attempts ended with character creation Failed.
1 of the attempts nothing happened when I pressed the Create content button. {the ship name slot was RED at the Time. That was with default name. and also with several custom names.}

took screen shots to help explain what happens when you try making Klingon character for foundry.

http://i.imgur.com/zDB2zYp.jpg

That's main screen for foundry.

Shows 1 foundry slot available
3 character slots available

http://i.imgur.com/xwafVAM.jpg

This one shows Klingon faction character.
Made no changes. to any of stuff on screen.

http://i.imgur.com/A4RM54x.jpg

This is the result of pressing Create Content

also once had trouble making a FED character in process of testing this. every other try was able to make Fed Character but the 1 try.

EDIT have silver account made way back when there was A DEMO of the Game pre Free to play Pre Klingon faction. and used Zen to get more character slots post LOR since I already had 3 character slots pre LOR.

EDIT Started up game launcher and tried again to make klingon Faction character.

http://i.imgur.com/CjkoyeX.jpg

Got the Red ship name slot and nothing happens when pressing create content.

Last edited by i8472; 06-25-2013 at 12:43 PM. Reason: forgot to indicate what type account I had.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 8
06-25-2013, 04:13 PM
I'm investigating this. If any of you file any tickets on this issue, let me know the numbers.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-25-2013, 04:58 PM
Are you asking us to file a bug report

or

saying IF we File a Bug report... to give you the report ID/#?

If you're wanting us to file a bug report what information could we provide to help.
(in the bug report)

or information we could provide you with.