Captain
The Ship Tailor option to alter colors for your starship or shuttle is broken. You can still change skins and patterns, but fiddling with the colors does absolutely nothing.
Career Officer
# 2
06-28-2013, 01:32 AM
You did use the ADVANCED tab to alter the colour PATTERNS first, right? Otherwise you are changing colours on no pattern. You can have each ship part a different pattern to suit.
I go for Corvus mostly, but Gemini on my Romulans.
Captain
# 3
06-29-2013, 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drowrulesupreme View Post
You did use the ADVANCED tab to alter the colour PATTERNS first, right? Otherwise you are changing colours on no pattern. You can have each ship part a different pattern to suit.
I go for Corvus mostly, but Gemini on my Romulans.
Of course I used the Advanced tab. That's how I was able to still change the skins and patterns. But again, color remains the same, no matter what I pick from the palette.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackwidow View Post
I have this problem on my Romulan - have not tried on Fed or KDF since LoR. Was this on a Rom?

The color doesn't look like it's applied in the tailor, you can't see any preview. But, if you change the colors and purchase (free token) when you get out in sector space it has applied.

I have a couple of lower-level ships that are not at all to my liking because I couldn't preview the change. Plus the color in the selector looks much lighter than the color once it's on a ship. This happened every time I've used the flotilla/RR ship tailor. I plan to try the ESD/Q'onos ship tailors, see if they work.
I first noticed this problem with my Alien toon with the KDF.

Last edited by warmaker001b; 06-29-2013 at 02:27 AM.
Career Officer
# 4
07-01-2013, 04:00 PM
Don't worry you ain't alone. I got this cappy problem, too. It's getting on my damn nerves as well. Cryptic this and ALL bugs need to be fixed ASAP no excuses.
Commander
# 5
07-07-2013, 09:00 PM
Yep. I have that problem. On my Rom if I choose a pattern often the color is so washed out you can't even tell it's there. I find that if I fiddle with the various settings (skins, basic patterns, etc.) eventually it kicks in. However all the colors show on the ship as a kind of dark reddish brown, regardless of the color chosen on the palette. Have seen this some on KDF since LoR release but mostly on Rom character. Both ship and the character tailor are all messed up. Seriously needs a major fix, Cryptic!!
ZOE: "Sir! You paid money for this?... on purpose??"

KIRK: "Excuse me... what does God need with a starship?"
Ensign
# 6
07-08-2013, 06:56 PM
when the Risian Corvette becomes availabe to most of the gaming population, there will be such an outcry about not being able to adjust the color that they will finally prioritize this. Until then, tough titty
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
06-28-2013, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaker001b View Post
The Ship Tailor option to alter colors for your starship or shuttle is broken. You can still change skins and patterns, but fiddling with the colors does absolutely nothing.
I have this problem on my Romulan - have not tried on Fed or KDF since LoR. Was this on a Rom?

The color doesn't look like it's applied in the tailor, you can't see any preview. But, if you change the colors and purchase (free token) when you get out in sector space it has applied.

I have a couple of lower-level ships that are not at all to my liking because I couldn't preview the change. Plus the color in the selector looks much lighter than the color once it's on a ship. This happened every time I've used the flotilla/RR ship tailor. I plan to try the ESD/Q'onos ship tailors, see if they work.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vice Admiral Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.
Lieutenant
# 8
07-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Thank God it's not just me. Thought I was going colourblind. All ship colours/skins for my Fed character show as washed out blacks and greys.
***The above ramblings are, as always, my own opinion. Based on my experiences and interpreted by my mind, they by no means reflect the universal truth (unless coincidentally). Peace.***
Ensign
# 9
07-15-2013, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer77 View Post
Thank God it's not just me. Thought I was going colourblind. All ship colours/skins for my Fed character show as washed out blacks and greys.
Same here, I thought it was just me cuz when I got a new ship I couldn't change the colors at all. Thought it might have just been a bug with that ship's texture so I ignored it and now I've just bought another ship and am having the same issue. When I have the time to work through two ships and the bug still persists, it makes me very upset/disappointed.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwardbound View Post
I can comfirm this to anyone else reading this. It does, however, present a flaw to those ships, like shuttlecraft, that do not have individual ship parts. For ships like those, it is black or nothing.
I can also confirm that this does work. Thank you for that. I am much less upset with the game now.

Last edited by cdrcain; 07-15-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Commander
# 10
07-21-2013, 01:09 PM
It seems the issue was resolved, somewhat, on the Rom side but now I'm having even worse issues on the Fed side. Since the last patch I can't change the color scheme on any Fed ship at all. And there are still major issues with the costume tailor (and WTH happened to the soft boots? Those are the only footwear options that work with the Motion Picture style uniforms!)
ZOE: "Sir! You paid money for this?... on purpose??"

KIRK: "Excuse me... what does God need with a starship?"