Empire Veteran
I'm finding flying around Risa to be quite fun. The scenery is quite beautiful, the jet packs give me a sense of freedom I never had b4, and I'm earning EC. Dancing, however, is a different story. It's a mind numbing exercise that essentially involves standing in the same exact spot while your phalanges grow sore pressing control + V over and over again. If you're lucky, some headless troll will walk by, providing some badly needed comedic relief but that's it. Even our birds can't take it. Normally our birds are soaring high and being majestic and such, but down on the dance floor, they grow fat from idling about, denied of their right to fly freely and gaily. You know what!? I say the line dance must stop HERE! THIS FAR NO FURTHER!! Take to the skies and be free my STO friends; don't ever let the RISA dance deprive of your dignity again!
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!
Lieutenant
# 2
07-04-2013, 01:56 PM
uh...mmmkay...
Captain
# 3
07-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Cryptic and dancing takes me back to when they introduced boomboxes in CoH. Played through betas, preordered, recommended it to friends and strangers alike...I quit within a week of boomboxes being introduced...

...though, I returned after I heard the madness had settled.

But uh, yeah...dancing...an assault on the senses and sensibilities.
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Empire Veteran
# 4
07-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Cryptic and dancing takes me back to when they introduced boomboxes in CoH. Played through betas, preordered, recommended it to friends and strangers alike...I quit within a week of boomboxes being introduced...

...though, I returned after I heard the madness had settled.

But uh, yeah...dancing...an assault on the senses and sensibilities.
Horrible, isn't it? Even the samba was mediocre and here I was thinking I might actually learn how to dance at these parties.
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!
Captain
# 5
07-05-2013, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuhteb5 View Post
I'm finding flying around Risa to be quite fun. The scenery is quite beautiful, the jet packs give me a sense of freedom I never had b4, and I'm earning EC. Dancing, however, is a different story. It's a mind numbing exercise that essentially involves standing in the same exact spot while your phalanges grow sore pressing control + V over and over again. If you're lucky, some headless troll will walk by, providing some badly needed comedic relief but that's it. Even our birds can't take it. Normally our birds are soaring high and being majestic and such, but down on the dance floor, they grow fat from idling about, denied of their right to fly freely and gaily. You know what!? I say the line dance must stop HERE! THIS FAR NO FURTHER!! Take to the skies and be free my STO friends; don't ever let the RISA dance deprive of your dignity again!
During the dance, I just pin the emotes list and click the dance I want.... much easier.
LtGen. Mara Navar, IKS Rozhenko, Mogh Battle-Cruiser (Orion, KDF Tactical Officer)
VADM T'Prel Movar, RRW Imperator Scimitar Warbird (Fed-Romulan Tactical Officer) - Commissar - Fleet Executive Officer Armageddon Steel Legion
VADM Genestra, USS Audacious, Venture-X Dreadnaught (Betazoid, Fed Engineering Officer)
VADM Lenara Jomm, USS Heraclitus, Vesta Class (Joined Trill, Fed Science Officer)
Rihannsu
# 6
07-05-2013, 06:02 AM
Dancing in STO is like watching your Commander Shepard try to dance in any ME game..

The horror..
Career Officer
# 7
07-05-2013, 07:41 AM
Just pin the emote list into its own window. Makes things much easier.