Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Downloading Arc
07-16-2013, 01:00 PM
We are excited to announce the next testing phase for Arc, our incredible, easy-to-use platform that has been created for you! Read more for details.

Click here to read more.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Rihannsu
# 2
07-16-2013, 01:09 PM
For me? Really? Oh, you didn't have to... Especially since I don't want it...

I really hope this won't end up being yet another useless client that runs in the background in addition to running the game, resulting in more computer memory usage...

And what about Steam users? Will they have to use Steam client to run an Arc client to play the game...? Oh god forbids they use some kind of Raptr app on top of that as well...

*sigh*
Career Officer
# 3
07-16-2013, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
For me? Really? Oh, you didn't have to... Especially since I don't want it...

I really hope this won't end up being yet another useless client that runs in the background in addition to running the game, resulting in more computer memory usage...

And what about Steam users? Will they have to use Steam client to run an Arc client to play the game...? Oh god forbids they use some kind of Raptr app on top of that as well...

*sigh*
"O hai, I heard you don't like launchers. So we put a launcher in your launcher, so you can run a launcher while you're running a launcher in a launcher in a launcher"

Sigh. Is this a contest, PWE? To see how much more out-of-touch you can get with your player base? WHO ARE YOU COMPETING AGAINST?!
Career Officer
# 4
07-16-2013, 01:38 PM
Interesting, side stepping the Steam question.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Career Officer
# 5
07-16-2013, 01:45 PM
From the Blog:

Quote:
For our existing players, nothing is changing at this time. Feel free to continue launching directly from the launcher you use today. If there are any changes to this, we?ll be sure to communicate them.
So, what does this mean? probably in 3 months or less, we'll suddenly need 'Arc' to launch any Cryptic MMO; and they'll have some half tested procedure to upgrade/cut over to 'Arc'; - which will cause major issues and loss of account access -- but then, of course Branflakes will come to the defense of PWE when legions of players either express dissatisfaction or have legitimate issues stating PWE Support will quickly answer tickets, etc.

In short, it'll be a repeat of the PWE/Cryptic account linking debacle - and we'll probably get an hour or less (or no) notice much like what happened with the last Forum 'update'/'upgrade'; and a massive 'apology' after a week or more of player outrage.

But hey, I guess we'll have to swallow PWE bloatware (and I hope that's the worst of what it is) if we want to continue playing STO. Nice how this is a top priority; while doing some sort of online/electronic 'receipt' for in game C-Store item purchases or verification to players of the distribution of monthly Zen stipends is beyond the capability of their player account systems.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-16-2013, 02:16 PM
Don't do it, PW. Don't make us install some lame proprietary content distribution system to play STO. Just say no to bloatware.
Empire Veteran
# 7
07-16-2013, 02:27 PM
other than "free offers", what do I get with this Arc?
Is it like Raptor and Core Connect?

What does PWE get with ARC?
Commander
# 8
07-16-2013, 02:46 PM
Hmm so the sto launcher starts suspiciously glitching then a new launcher comes out that promotes buying more of their games...very suspicious indeed.<.<>.>
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
07-16-2013, 03:18 PM
I don't want this at all.
Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-16-2013, 03:24 PM
Yuck, I absolutely will not use this. If is ever forced to be used I will make sure to get around using it somehow.
Closed Thread