Cryptic Studios Team
We already brought down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.31.20130714a.11

General:
  • Resolved some clipping issues associated with the Romulan Veteran Jackets.
  • The Daeinos Destroyer will now properly animate while in sector space.
  • The Peghqu' Destroyer will now properly animate while in sector space.
  • Server Stability Updates
Empire Veteran
# 2
07-24-2013, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
We already brought down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.31.20130714a.11

General:
  • Resolved some clipping issues associated with the Romulan Veteran Jackets.
  • The Daeinos Destroyer will now properly animate while in sector space.
  • The Peghqu' Destroyer will now properly animate while in sector space.
  • Server Stability Updates
tenchar
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Ensign
# 3
07-24-2013, 02:26 PM
Anything about Recluse Carrier Captains not being able to get the Advanced/Elite Tholian Weavers? It says that I need a Recluse to buy these pets, but I have one as my active ship.
Rihannsu
# 4
07-24-2013, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Resolved some clipping issues associated with the Romulan Veteran Jackets.
Excellent! Hopefully my bustier bridge officers won't have to be so embarrassed by wearing these anymore.
Mhae ir-Virinat t'Rillas, R.R.W Temer
Career Officer
# 5
07-24-2013, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by umaeko View Post
Excellent! Hopefully my bustier bridge officers won't have to be so embarrassed by wearing these anymore.
I'm not sure you can use the term "bustier" since in STO, breast size starts at busty. I think the term you're looking for is "anime breasted".
Rihannsu
# 6
07-24-2013, 02:42 PM
Bustiest, then?

More seriously, raising the breast slider 60% and higher created clipping through the upper piece of the Veteran Admiral costume.

There also was clipping around the collar noticeable in two places, especially when using the Seductive stance.

Also, the Republic dress skirt and pants had some pretty nasty clipping going on with the jacket and/or the Veteran boots.

And during the running animation cycle, the triangle buckle in the lower back tends to clip through the jacket as well.

I look forward to seeing how the adjustments turned out.

Last edited by umaeko; 07-24-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Career Officer
# 7
07-24-2013, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
I'm not sure you can use the term "bustier" since in STO, breast size starts at busty. I think the term you're looking for is "anime breasted".
Its not really our fault, there's only one size after all, you know, where the little tab is all the way to the right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
....you are a bad starship captain and you should feel bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
However, I think with regard to the Romulan Republic player characters/npcs, it all comes down to a finite point:

These are not the Romulans from the shows.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 8
07-24-2013, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qelme View Post
Anything about Recluse Carrier Captains not being able to get the Advanced/Elite Tholian Weavers? It says that I need a Recluse to buy these pets, but I have one as my active ship.
Which character of yours is experiencing this issue? I'd like to pass it along to our Engineers to use as a test case. If you could send it along via a forum PM, that would be awesome. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 9
07-24-2013, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Which character of yours is experiencing this issue? I'd like to pass it along to our Engineers to use as a test case. If you could send it along via a forum PM, that would be awesome. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I know someone that has two Jemmy HECs and on neither character can she get Dil Jemmy fighters. It says she needs to have the HEC or Dread, even though she has the Jemmy HEC as her readied ship. I understand Scimitar players are facing similar issues in getting their specialty drone pet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
....you are a bad starship captain and you should feel bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
However, I think with regard to the Romulan Republic player characters/npcs, it all comes down to a finite point:

These are not the Romulans from the shows.
Rihannsu
# 10
07-24-2013, 06:49 PM
Romulan Veteran Uniform feedback:
On a Romulan female character, using the Seductive stance
  • Clipping occurs on the collar on the Upper Veteran Admiral costume piece. Verices would need to be moved not to have the undershirt show through.
  • Clipping often occurs regarding the triangular buckle that's in the lower back. It would need to be pushed back a bit more to not suffer that animation clipping. Furthermore, it already has a rather unappealing floaty quality to it to which I'd suggest to just remove it - it doesn't look good.
  • The Republic Formal Skirt will clip through the upper Veteran Admiral jacket costume piece. Bits of the skirt peek out, and the jacket likely needs vertices moved to 'englobe' those regions.
  • The Republic Formal Pants have some major clipping going on with the Romulan Veteran boots.

Daeinos Transformation Feedback:
Regenerative Mode
  • Since the tail fin isn't deployed, you probably don't want a green tail to come from it.

Tactical Mode
  • The tail fin is not deployed here either, but we still see a green warp trail come from it. Probably shouldn't be there.

Warp Mode
  • The warp trail emerges from the top-aft corner of the fin, rather than where the warp field grid is. You probably need to have the warp trail appear only when in warp stance/sector space, and have it trail out from the glowy green part of the tail fin.

General: Warp Out animation critique
This has been a problem for some time: we have two warp out animation. One gives a view of the ship from its right flank, and is generally okay.

The second, though, drops down under the belly of the ship and generally just gives us a very restrained view of its ventral underside before it darts away.
This second warp animation is one I really don't like, because it shows much less of the ship - even big ones like the Odyssey - and doesn't let us look at cool things like transformations before warping out from, say, Veteran ships like the Daeinos?
Also...
For Romulan female characters, since Romulan men look fine...
  • Please do something those Dual Pauldron Pads so that the cloth parts don't look so damned wide. Those have been looking wrong ever since you changed the scale of the 'cloth loops' since the Romulan TNG costume went on live. It was fine before you changed it, and now it looks silly. Please fix them by putting them back to the way they were.

Last edited by umaeko; 07-24-2013 at 07:07 PM.