Captain
# 1 Dialogue box Visual problem
07-28-2013, 06:22 PM
Something odd i have just encountered

When dialgue boxes play, the animation for the character is there, but for some reason is behind some other item

It appears to have flashing lights, and is very blurry, the characters are still there as sometimes the nose or face pops through when they lean forward in some animations

Only noticed this one, but is effecting all dialogues in this preview run i am doing

Anybody else have this, and is it something i did? or a quirk of the foundry?

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Cryptic Studios Team
# 2
07-29-2013, 10:25 AM
This is something I've not seen. If you can get me the project ID (ST-blahblah) I'll take a look.
Captain
# 3
08-02-2013, 10:55 AM
It seems to have resolved itself, I haven't noticed it happen again since i published an update to the mission

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
08-02-2013, 11:07 AM
I had something like that couple of days ago.

While in preview modes all the characters inside the dialogue screen got a greenish hue AND a wall of some sort clipping through them. It started while on a romulan ground map.

It happened in my *not yet finished* mission ST-HD8T7FAI8 (which is published for testing purposes).

EDIT: stopping and restarting the foundry resolved this issue. When it'll be happening again i will make a screenshot.
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Cryptic Studios Team
# 5
08-02-2013, 11:50 AM
So when this happens it's affecting all the dialogs or just some? Also, is this only occurring in Preview or are you seeing this with a published project?
Captain
# 6
08-02-2013, 05:10 PM
so far its only effecting preview

I was using the generic freighter maps

I noticed the other day that sometimes when i have added a detail item to the map, in this case Borg pipe

that it appears behind the Dialogue contact, but it again resolved itself after the preview
But in each case i think it was the most recently added item i added to the map showing up behind the contacts

Survivor of Romulus
# 7
08-03-2013, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adverbero View Post
so far its only effecting preview

I was using the generic freighter maps

I noticed the other day that sometimes when i have added a detail item to the map, in this case Borg pipe

that it appears behind the Dialogue contact, but it again resolved itself after the preview
But in each case i think it was the most recently added item i added to the map showing up behind the contacts
^^ This, only the "wall" i talked about was a romulan door i just installed that moment.
But imho, this is a very low priority bug, it's fixed as soon as the foundry is loaded and it doesn't happen on holodeck. So tbh i don't really mind.
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Cryptic Studios Team
# 8
08-05-2013, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the info. It's on my list of stuff to look into.