Lt. Commander
# 1 Romulan R'Mor Timeship Bugs
08-01-2013, 08:04 AM
I opened a Temporal Science vessel box on the Tribble test server as my Romulan so I could get the new R'Mor timeship to test it. I haven't even taken it into combat yet and I've already noticed several bugs:

1. Not only did it come with a Tipler Cylinder equipped in a console slot like any other Temporal Science vessel, but I found another Tipler Cylinder in my overflow bag soon after I unpacked the ship. So now my Romulan has 2 Tipler Cylinders and only 1 R'Mor timeship? Seems a little odd to me.

2. I went to my Romulan timeship's bridge to discover it was a Federation timeship bridge instead of a Romulan timeship bridge. If my Romulan was allied with the Feds, that'd be odd enough. But my Romulan's allied with the KDF.

3. Not sure if this is a bug, but the R'Mor can be customized with the Romulan type 3 material. Is that intentional? Will it require a Romulan refit ship to be owned on holodeck before it can customized with a type 3 material on holodeck? Or is it a bug?

4. I'm not sure if this is a bug, but the R'Mor timeship came with a warp core instead of a singularity core like any other romulan ship. I realize that the other temporal science vessels come with warp cores, as the ship's original power sources were stripped from them by the tholians, so the Federation and KDF would give them warp cores to fill the gap. Wouldn't make sense that the Romulan Republic would equip their captured romulan timeships with singularity cores instead?

That's all I've noticed so far. I'll edit this if I find any more bugs in my new R'Mor timeship.

I will not surrender!
Captain
# 2
08-01-2013, 08:14 AM
I suspect it is probably an accident you were able to acquire one at all: As you can clearly see, they haven't actually made it yet. It's a model with some copypasta attached to it, not a ship.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-01-2013, 08:29 AM
The ship box's info said that any faction could open it, and mentioned the R'Mor as being the Romulan varient. Though, I probably shouldn't be surprised that it started as some Wells (I says Wells and not Korath because of the Fed timeship bridge) that looks like a R'Mor and is usable by Romulans instead of Feds. Hopefully it'll be more Romulan by the time it reaches holodeck.

Edit: Even if the R'Mor is a Wells that looks like a R'Mor and is used by Romulans instead of Feds right now, that doesn't explain the second Tipler Cylinder.

I will not surrender!
Captain
# 4
08-01-2013, 08:55 AM
It probably appears in your overflow bag for the same reason that the Non-Combat Shuttle Pets randomly appear in your overflow bag, despite having plenty of inventory space, and, frankly, never having asked for nor done anything with this item: Pure, Utter, Weirdness.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-01-2013, 09:07 AM
But really, a universal console that would come equiped in one of the ship's console slots? Especially considering that I got 2 Tipler Cylinders: one in one of the R'Mor's science console slots, and a SECOND Tipler Cylinder in my overflow bag? That's kind of odd, and I have never had it happen with any other universal consoles that came on ships.

Edit: I have never had a Non-Combat shuttle pet appear in my overflow bag.

I will not surrender!
Captain
# 6
08-01-2013, 02:34 PM
I am sorry but I have a dumb question:

If I buy the FED Temporal Destroyer box und send it to my Romulan toon, does he get the ROM Temporal Destroyer?

Same with the Lock-Box Wells ship?
Republic Veteran
# 7
08-01-2013, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralnat View Post
2. I went to my Romulan timeship's bridge to discover it was a Federation timeship bridge instead of a Romulan timeship bridge. If my Romulan was allied with the Feds, that'd be odd enough. But my Romulan's allied with the KDF.
I bet it's simply an oversight.
After the initial release of LOR they seem to have forgotten that there is a KDF-Rom population, that would explain why it took 5 weeks longer to fix the holographic DOFFs than it took for the fed-Rom's.

I will not be surprised if the next Romulan C-Store ships won't be claimable for KDF-Romulans for the first few days after release.