Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I'd like to again report that a terrible exploit allows players to deal over 1,8 million damage in one attack! Essentially killing any boss in space, instantly, no contest. Included is a screenshot for reference as attachment, where I repeated the exploit to show it can be done.

The attack basically concists of doing the following:
  1. The player engages EMERGENCY MANEUVRES #
  2. The player goes to FULL IMPULSE which stacks with the emergency maneuvre to give a brief super burst of speed (speed of 300 or such).
  3. The player engages the RAMMING SPEED # skill to get even more speed and to deal ramming damage.
  4. The player flies their ship just into the enemy by brushing just against them, to maintain as much speed as they can while passing.
  5. Over 1,8 million (!) damage is dealt to the enemy, killing them instantly, unconditioned of what they are.
  6. The player dies also, but respawns, getting the fleet action reward, or grabbing the loot after respawning.
  7. The skill can be repeated again after 4 minutes when ramming speed has recharged.

Attachment 3272

Please, do something about this exploit, or people will be killing the biggest, meanest bosses with no effort anywhere.

Suggestions:
  1. Make the use of emergency maneuvres 'disable' ramming speed, while using ramming speed 'disables' emergency maneuvres (for a few seconds). Also make using ramming speed engage you into a battle state so that full impulse is impossible. Make it impossible to use ramming speed while in full impulse.
  2. Do not base ramming speed on your actual velocity, but base it on the percentage of hull which is left. This way, ramming speed is capped.
  3. Give ramming speed damage a cap equal to the players health, that way when ramming you can never do more damage than your ship has health. Also, this way it makes sense that a heavier ship hits harder.
  4. Give ramming speed a certain fixed damage value, which depends on the skilllevel your ramming speed skill has, and multiply that with a value derived from how much energy you spend in the 'engines settings'.
  5. Make ramming speed as a fixed, multiplied by for example your engines flight speed.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-25-2010, 07:15 AM
simply put

lol
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-25-2010, 07:17 AM
I hope all they do is put a Cap on the damage. For the love of god dont nerf Evasive maneuvers or full impulse. Cryptic usually very heavy handed in their fixes.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-25-2010, 07:21 AM
I agree. Cap the dammage and don't allow Evasive Manevuers or Full Impulse to be used in conjuction with the ramming option.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-25-2010, 07:24 AM
Suggestions added!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunfugue
Star trek likes ramming things. Enterprise D even rammed a planet!
That was just Troi being behind the helm again. The second time she was she scratched the paint by hitting the scimitar. I think it's a Trek inside joke.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-25-2010, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodocus View Post
Suggestions added!

That was just Troi being behind the helm again. The second time she was she scratched the paint by hitting the scimitar. I think it's a Trek inside joke.
I think the joke was...women can't drive
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-25-2010, 07:24 AM
yes because no one would want to ram at maximum speed
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-25-2010, 07:34 AM
This is hilarious.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-25-2010, 07:38 AM
Hmmm I am curious how a sploit like this even got this far...

definitely needs a fix... The Entity camping is already enough of a mess without this ...
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-26-2010, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirloot View Post
yes because no one would want to ram at maximum speed
Doesn't ramming speed just mean exactly that ?Hit your target with all speed you have...