Lt. Commander
Looking to buy 500 Strange Alien Artifacts for 250 mill EC
also trace particles in bulk or anything other things in bulk for an investment price that you don't fill like waiting around to sell on the exchange.
Contact me in game @osirisraa

Last edited by osirisraa; 08-13-2013 at 06:27 AM.
Lieutenant
# 2
08-13-2013, 06:27 AM
umm wow lol who the hell has 500 and what do you want them for?
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-14-2013, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyracer View Post
umm wow lol who the hell has 500 and what do you want them for?

Fabrication missions, I Fabricate consoles and then put them on the exchange
Captain
# 4
08-15-2013, 12:08 AM
To continue a joke I use on ESD...

*clears throat*

"So you are looking to EXCHANGE energy credits for someone else's goods? If only there were a network of other like minded people who are looking to EXCHANGE things for your EC. Like.. if there were a system.. or something where you could post something for... a price... and then have other players EXCHANGE their EC with you.

It would have to be someplace convenient. Like on every major hub in the game. That would allow all the players easy access to this place, making it easier for them to EXCHANGE their goods and EC.

Damn.. if only there were such a system in place. Such a shame."
Community Moderator
# 5
08-15-2013, 12:12 AM
Back down guys. The OP is simply looking for a bulk purchase, finding these sorts of numbers on the exchange isn't easy.

I agree he's perhaps shooting low on price, but if that's what he's willing to offer nobody's obliged to sell Let it run it's course, you never know
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
08-15-2013, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
Back down guys. The OP is simply looking for a bulk purchase, finding these sorts of numbers on the exchange isn't easy.

I agree he's perhaps shooting low on price, but if that's what he's willing to offer nobody's obliged to sell Let it run it's course, you never know
The problem here, is that bulk purchases of rare items in STO don't work the same way it does in real life.

I can charge MORE for 100 artefacts than I can selling them in stacks of 5. There's a very simple reason for this - they are high demand items, and hard to get hold of in bulk.

The people looking to buy lots of artifacts/contraband are doing so because it's less effort on their part, it saves them a lot of time and effort hawking the exchange and buying them all up and waiting for the price to go down. If artifacts are selling currently at 700k each, you can probably only buy 20-40 before the price has risen to 800k, so it doesn't make sense that I'd sell all of mine for 500k. I might take the current lowest market price for all of them, but I'd never go less than that because it's bad business to do so. Anyone that has 1,000 artifacts or a few thousand contraband is likely an experienced player who knows how to make his money and understands the way the market goes.

Selling 50 artifacts at market price is extremely easy, you can always find a buyer. If I had 500 to sell then I would likely split them into stacks of 50. Ten stacks of 50 at market price wouldn't take you that long to sell - and when you're talking about such a large amount of EC nobody is going to say "Nah, I'll sell them at a 200k discount and lose out on 75m+ profit for the convenience of not having to advertise for 2 hours" - because throwing away 37.5m/hour for sitting in chat advertising would be insane. Even if you have 50 characters, it's going to take you over a month to farm 500 artifacts. That's a lot of effort to put in, to sell them stupidly cheap.

The crux of my post is this: If you want 500 artifacts in bulk, from one buyer, expect to pay market price for them. If not, you'll have to spend countless hours getting them all.

(NB: Numbers used in this post are for illustrative examples only)
Commander
# 7
08-15-2013, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyeto13 View Post
To continue a joke "So you are looking to EXCHANGE energy credits for someone else's goods? If only there were a network of other like minded people who are looking to EXCHANGE things for your EC. Like.. if there were a system.. or something where you could post something for... a price... and then have other players EXCHANGE their EC with you.It would have to be someplace convenient. Like on every major hub in the game. That would allow all the players easy access to this place, making it easier for them to EXCHANGE their goods and EC.
Damn.. if only there were such a system in place. Such a shame."
After mail system nerf, there are some people (me included ) that can't use exchange any more or send mails with attachment so I guess OP will find somebody willing to trade even if the price is lower than on Exchange
Audiater et altera pars
"They gave away your leech, the only 5 tac console ship you have has a turn rate of 5, all of the Romulan ships have battle cloak and dont suffer the hull strength reduction of the BOPs."
Captain
# 8
08-15-2013, 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dova25 View Post
After mail system nerf, there are some people (me included ) that can't use exchange any more or send mails with attachment so I guess OP will find somebody willing to trade even if the price is lower than on Exchange
What does the mail nerf have to do with buying off the exchange?
"I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man.
Career Officer
# 9
08-15-2013, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dova25 View Post
That's what you get for being a greedy hoarder. Now the only thing for you to do is delete (or give away) enough of your crap that you can once again post items. Then, post the remainder of your backlog up for reasonable prices (i.e. slightly lower than the current lowest).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking for a fun yet challenging shooter that you can play with your friends? Click here!
Commander
# 10
08-15-2013, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by osirisraa View Post
Fabrication missions, I Fabricate consoles and then put them on the exchange
yeah, one per 1,9 mil+, extremyl nice profit