Lt. Commander
# 1 Ask Cryptic (August 25, 2008)
08-25-2008, 01:12 PM
In our first round of developer Q&As, we tackle community submitted questions about canon, customization, music, exploration and more. Thanks very much to Al "Captain Geko" Rivera and Craig "Zinc" Zinkievich for their answers!
We know that fans want to play Star Trek Online because they want to explore the Star Trek universe, and we are striving to deliver as authentic an experience as possible. Our team has seen all the shows and movies and we're watching them again every single day. We are also studying other soft canon resources such as novels and comics.
Read more here!
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-25-2008, 01:17 PM
Now THATís a Q&A. Iím pacified for a while.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-25-2008, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie
Now THATís a Q&A. Iím pacified for a while.

NOT ME!!!!

This just makes me want to start playing STO even more, and in turn makes me even more impatient for launch time:p
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-25-2008, 03:33 PM
I think having large emblems or fleet tags would be just fine, and if they let us create our own that would be even better. I would live to have a large dragon symbol on my ship. But I can see this being horribly abused. I would hate to see nudity, and/or rude gestures printed on the hull of a ship. If I want to find that kind of thing on the internet it would take one simple search.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-25-2008, 01:18 PM
Thanks for posting more Q and A Kestrel, just read it.
Nice to have feedback from the Devs.
Keep them coming.

Will there be another thread for Q and A for the devs opening up again soon?
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-25-2008, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davies82 View Post
Thanks for posting more Q and A Kestrel, just read it.
Nice to have feedback from the Devs.
Keep them coming.

Will there be another thread for Q and A for the devs opening up again soon?
We will be opening up another thread sometime, but there were *so* many good questions in the first thread that we'll mine it for at least one more Q&A.

But everyone will get a chance to ask questions!
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-25-2008, 01:20 PM
I really did expect more out of it, with the exception of a few things, I think it's safe to say we knew all the info that was given in this already. I would however like specifics of the competitive PVE, is this like the Restuss Event in SWG?
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-25-2008, 01:24 PM
Great start Kestrel!!!!

Keep feeding us!
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-25-2008, 01:29 PM
This is awesome! Thanks Cryptic!
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-25-2008, 01:38 PM
All of this was already answered on the video before (I think), but he didn't really answer the first part of the first question... the question was will STO be considered canon?

so does that mean that if it is, then while the game is going on then no new star trek series will be released? or If they're set before STO, they'd have to be very strictly controlled so that the content meshes well with what takes place in STO(which is supposed to be in the future (after nemesis)). or even if set after STO, content would have to be very painstakingly controlled, but would then control the future of the game...

I'd like to hear any comments on this if any of my rambling made any sense! thanks for the Q&A tho!