Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Captain
So, I have the Marauder now, and I want to build it into a tank. I wanted to hear some suggestions from the buildmasters here.

I plan to use a variation of an effective Fleet Excelsior build I have been running, and was hoping to get some input about what I should use for Equipment and Powers.

For reference, I've linked my F-Excel here, with my skill points: http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=azleratank_0

I dont have the Bio-Neural on KDF, so a replacement suggestion would help.

Just one note: I know lots of people like to use "AUX2BATT" builds, but I dont. I tried, but they just hurt me in the long run for some reason.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by burstdragon323; 08-17-2013 at 10:31 PM.
Captain
# 2
08-17-2013, 11:06 PM
What kind of stuff do you have access to in terms of fleet gear, and how much you looking to sink into your build? I'm sure a lot of people can think of ways to make it work for 2m ec, and ways to go nuts via fleet everything, depending on how serious you intend to be. (However to truly tank effectively, actually take and hold aggro, you'll probably need a +th console no matter what your other resources.)
Captain
# 3
08-17-2013, 11:40 PM
Starbase:
Advanced Fleet Weapons

Embassy:
Mk X Threat Consoles

Dil Mine:
Nothing Yet

Our KDF Assets are underpowered ATM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
08-17-2013, 11:47 PM
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?...arauderdraft_0

From my experience of what works on Cruisers, I've put together this build very quickly. It's fairly cheap, and almost all of the gear can be acquired from mission rewards or the exchange, with the exception of the Assimilated Module and Cutting Beam, and the threat-generating embassy console. Rarity of gear to taste.

You'll find that the Marauder handles quite differently to the Excelsior. This build is designed to get into the thick of the fight and stay there until it's over. Keep in mind that the hangar pets can be used on yourself or an ally; if you have an ally selected when you use the "Defend" command they will protect the ally instead of you. If you don't like how that particular Hangar works, swap it for To'Duj fighters to deal extra damage.

If you feel short on heals, you could swap the EPtW1 for EPtS1. For more damage instead, consider reshuffling Eng abilities to slot an Aceton Beam - but if you don't take any abilities that require Particle Generators, then you can put more skill points into Engineering skills.

No torpedoes included because of the lack of Tac BOff powers and Tac console slots to maximise their effectiveness. Consider a Hargh'Peng Torpedo because of this (in place of the DBB) as it can't be boosted by Boff abilities anyway.

More expensive options:
- More [Pla] embassy consoles
- Fleet or Romulan Reputation weapons
- [+Turn] mine consoles
- KHG, Adapted KHG, or Fleet Deflector/Engine/Shields
- Elite Scorpion hangar or any Elite fleet hangar to suit your preferences.

Last edited by starblade7; 08-17-2013 at 11:50 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 5
08-18-2013, 12:16 AM
Looking at old Fed Star Cruiser builds might give some insight, because that basically what the Marauder is... just with a hangar thrown on.

(and I'll glady take said hangar over its old ability of a 2min cooldown, "Summon Interceptors" who warped in, pooped mines, and then warped out!)
Captain
# 6
08-18-2013, 01:04 AM
Ooo show and tell! I always liked threads like this, here's what I did with mine:

-

IKS Outrider - KDF Tac

FORE

x3 Rapid Reload Transphasic Torpedos, x1 Dual Tetryon Beam Bank

AFT

x2 Tetryon Beam Arrays, x1 Cutting Beam, x1 Cluster Torpedo

SET

Full Breen Absolute Zero

CORE

Field Stabilising Warp Core MK XI [rep] [s->a] [trans]

CONSOLES (alll at least MK XII blue)

x1 Borg Assimilated, x1 RCS Accellerator, x1 Monotanium Alloy, x1 Neutronium Alloy

x1 Nukara Particle Converter, x1 Countemeasure System, x1 Shield Emitter Amplifier

x1 Tetryon Pulse Generator, x1 Transphasic Compressor

HANGAR

Advanced Slavers

BOFFS

LT Tac: Tactical Team, Attack Pattern Delta

Com Eng: Eng Team I, RSP I, ES II, Aceton Beam III

LT Com Eng: EPtE I, EPtS II, Aux2Sif II

LT Sci: Polarize Hull I, Scramble Sensors I

Ens Sci: Hazard Emitters I

DOFFS

x2 Projectile Weapons (1 blue, 1 purple)
x1 Shield Distribution
x1 Systems Engineer (?) - can't remember the name, reduces cooldown on EPt abilities
x1 (?) - Nor this one, the one that gives Aceton Beam a chance to reduce subsystem power on target

-

As you can see I've gone for a support-ish build here which is why I went with torps, all power is to shields. Damage is a second priority with this ship, but it does spit out torps at a decent rate. And fully buffed it can still do serious damage with that cluster. the x2 piece bonus with the cutting beam helps, I may look to swap the cluster for those web mines for the x2 piece nukara bonus too.

I'm quite happy with this build, it survives tac cubes in ISE, it even survived a couple of blasts from that new elachi console. There are things I can do to make it better, but I don't have the assimilated set and I'm not prepared to spend serious Dil on embassy consoles or anything like that.

That's the best thing about it, cheap! Free ship, space set and half the weapons. The consoles and other weapons were borrowed from other ships. The final price tag came under 1 Mil EC.
Career Officer
# 7
08-19-2013, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coupaholic View Post
Ooo show and tell! I always liked threads like this, here's what I did with mine:

-

IKS Outrider - KDF Tac
That build there looks like it would rock out loud in Hive Onslaught.

For grins I came up with a little something just for CCE:

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?...dercehero_3722

"Freedom is just a pretty idea unless it's backed by Force."

An Introduction to the Gorn (RP guide) / Ten Forward Fanfics
Captain
# 8
08-19-2013, 04:10 AM
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?...hasicpigboat_0

Heres my submission - based off my Torpvette, its a transphasic based, no rep, no fleet, non lockbox (although I do advise picking up a suliban matter/anitmatter doff for a2d) cheap 'n cheerful build designed to turn the 'pigboat' into a fairly high speed (impulse 90 on my boat), shield ignoring patrol cruiser built more for group combat than single (I chose the paratrinic as its easy to get and with dual epts3, is rather tanky, ignoring the horrendous bleedthrough)

As to the cmdr eng ability, for kerrat (yes, I took it to kerrat for a test...and my god, the elachi spam...), I prefer acetone beam - using the harpengh to force an he use; this then gives acetone a free duration time - and the energy damage reduction that really helps your survival
Captain
# 9
08-24-2013, 01:23 PM
Sorry about the lack of replies, we've had alot of thunderstorms here.

Due to not having the consoles and interceptors, I've tweaked the build a little, how does this look Eradicator:

Forward Weapons: Rom Plasma DBB, expiremental beam, rom plasma BA, rom plasma torp

Aft: rom plasma BAx3, cutting beam

Shields/Defl/Eng: Either Aegis, HG, or Adapted HG

Core: Overcharged with [A>W]

Eng Consoles: Mine Neutronium with +Turnx2, RCS Mk11, Antimatter Spread

Sci Consoles: Field Generator Mk11, Embassy Emitter Mk10 w/+Th & +Plasma, Barrier Field

Tac Consoles: Infuser Mk11x2

If the universals dont look good, I have others:
Auto Turret
Integration Circuit
Captain
# 10
08-18-2013, 01:19 AM
For a cheap'n'easy build, I think I'd go with

Weapons Fore: 3 Polaron Array, Polaron DBB or torp-of-choice
Weapons Aft: 3 Polaron Array, KCB
Deflector: Positron [flwc][sif][stl]
Engines: Jem'Hadar
Shields: Jem'Hadar
Warp Core: Field Stabilizing
Hangar: Scorpions or To'Duj

Eng Consoles: Plasmonic Leech, Assimilated Module, 2 Neutronium
Sci Consoles: Emitter Array (+Th), 2 Field Generator
Tac Consoles: 2 Polaron

Cmdr Eng
EPTW1, EPTS2, Extends2, Aux2SIF3
LtCmdr Eng
ET1, RSP1, EWP1
Lt Tac
TT1, APB1 or FAW2 (APB for team support, FAW as an 'attention getter')
Lt Sci
HE1, TSS2
Ens Sci
PH1, or TB1 if facing enemies with weak or no tractors

Use a couple of Damage Control doffs to cut the EPTx cooldowns, power around 100/40/20/40, and the rest is pretty straightforward "Fed Beamboat" but with a rowdier crew. And if you decide you like it, easy to upgrade with fleet neutronium consoles or reputation sets or lockbox weaponry, but even the base model will hold its own. Worked for my old Star Cruiser.