Captain
# 1 A conflict with using Raptr
08-19-2013, 11:22 PM
A conflict seems to have arisen when using Raptr.

My Raptr app updated yesterday, that was fine no probs there. But now if I have Raptr running before launching STO, STO crashes to desktop shortly after the Cryptic splash screen comes up.

If I launch STO without Raptr running I have no probs STO launches as it should. I then minimise STO, launch Raptr and everything is still fine.

I will also be contacting Raptr to inform them of this as it could be something either them based or STO based.
Live long and Prosper
Career Officer
# 2
08-22-2013, 03:01 AM
I discovered the same thing with Raptr and have since been to their forums to check on any complaints. Since the update to Raptr yesterday there are a few other games that are having the same issue. I added STO to the list of games having launcher problems while running Raptr.
Career Officer
# 3
08-22-2013, 07:47 AM
Hmm I haven't had any problems with Raptr and STO for a while now. Raptr can be touchy though, I had an issue where it stopped recording my play times for several months. Then one day it just magically started doing it again. I couldn't find anyone else with that problem either, so who knows. Sometimes the problems it has only effect a small handful of people. It's bizarre like that lol.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Captain
# 4
08-22-2013, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by digby1957 View Post
I discovered the same thing with Raptr and have since been to their forums to check on any complaints. Since the update to Raptr yesterday there are a few other games that are having the same issue. I added STO to the list of games having launcher problems while running Raptr.
Got one response from another player on raptr today. They haven't had the same issue as I have described but when they launch STO with raptr running STO opens in a (as they described it) tiny window, not proper windowed mode.
Live long and Prosper