Empire Veteran
Gorn DO Have the 17.5 % Melle Attack and Belive 15% Knockback Chance, But When I See Romulans PVP, Though % aren't given, I barley knock them down w/melle, but they knock me down almost around 75% of the time IMO.

Am I the only one seeing this?

++ I think its near 100% TBH for Romulans
R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!

Last edited by blagorm; 08-21-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Captain
# 2
08-21-2013, 11:09 AM
I assume Roms have the same 15% knockdown bonus that Vulcans have - which is the same as Gorn.

Maybe your Gorn is just clumsy and falls a lot?
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Empire Veteran
# 3
08-21-2013, 11:17 AM
Eh.... TIMBER!
R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!

Empire Veteran
# 4
08-21-2013, 11:47 AM
Let me re-phrase.... why do Romulans Do BETTER in Melle?

Again, It think they are enhanced in melle damage AND knock-back above Gorn.

Empire Veteran
# 5
08-21-2013, 11:54 AM
After making a throw-away Rom to look, it says that their Vulcan heritage grants them immense physical strength making them powerful combatants in melee combat. - On Ground: Bonus Physical Damage, chance to knock down foes when using Melee attacks.

Maybe the people you fight are also using KB doffs to further enhance this?
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-21-2013, 12:45 PM
There's also the Romulan Rep chance to knock on crit as well.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-21-2013, 12:45 PM
I was that romulan

I got mininum points in ground because space loot is more worth on exchange and i don't use any melee doffs. I was just using the tholian melee ev suit and spamming 2 .
Still lost 2 to 15 to him.....bite hurts....