Ensign
# 1 idle players in fleet actions
08-23-2013, 04:41 AM
OK....i'm going to rage a bit now, I'm sick and tired of joining ground/space fleet actions where there are players awol or deliberatly idle so they can get the marks at the expense of others, mine trap is a great example, it's a team effort and when player decides to go deliberatly idle, it makes the rest of the teams job a lot harder,and considering minetrap results effects everyones mark rewards, it seems a bit counter productive to be idle, i suggest a team kick button ,which all members of the team must vote for, i'm not here to generate marks for lazy ppl !!!
Captain
# 2
08-23-2013, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silkaverage View Post
OK....i'm going to rage a bit now, I'm sick and tired of joining ground/space fleet actions where there are players awol or deliberatly idle so they can get the marks at the expense of others, mine trap is a great example, it's a team effort and when player decides to go deliberatly idle, it makes the rest of the teams job a lot harder,and considering minetrap results effects everyones mark rewards, it seems a bit counter productive to be idle, i suggest a team kick button ,which all members of the team must vote for, i'm not here to generate marks for lazy ppl !!!
i hate to say it but pugging mine trap is 50/50 at best when everyone is actually playing.

you usually get people on your team helping out other sections.. or they blast all the survivors at the end.

id rather kind of have idle players instead of bad ones..

but yes a team kick option would be nice.. as well as removing the leaver pen so you can leave if things go wrong and try again.
[12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
[12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-23-2013, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons9 View Post

but yes a team kick option would be nice.. as well as removing the leaver pen so you can leave if things go wrong and try again.
with an automatic 24hr cooldown to the booted slacker
Captain
# 4
08-23-2013, 08:20 AM
Quote:
i hate to say it but pugging mine trap is 50/50 at best when everyone is actually playing.

you usually get people on your team helping out other sections.. or they blast all the survivors at the end.

id rather kind of have idle players instead of bad ones..

I don't like that as some "teams" may decided to bully other players who have been playing by kicking them before the mission completes. Goodness knows that my connection seems to habitually drop right at that point in either fleet actions, STFs, or PvP matches causing me to not gain a reward or mission credit (for the PvP missions).

The game is suppose to automatically log out any players who have been idle for 15 minutes to clear space for other players trying to log in. I propose that that same mechanic automatically kick players from Fleet Actions, STFs, and PvP matches after 5 minutes of not participating. 5 minutes should be enough time for MOST people who need to make a quick ELR (Emergency Lartine Run). If a person needs longer than that to take a dump, then they probably didn't need to click the "Engage!" on the pop-up in the first place. They can queue and then run to the toilet, and then join after they return.
Captain
# 5
08-23-2013, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwford View Post
I don't like that as some "teams" may decided to bully other players who have been playing by kicking them before the mission completes. Goodness knows that my connection seems to habitually drop right at that point in either fleet actions, STFs, or PvP matches causing me to not gain a reward or mission credit (for the PvP missions).

The game is suppose to automatically log out any players who have been idle for 15 minutes to clear space for other players trying to log in. I propose that that same mechanic automatically kick players from Fleet Actions, STFs, and PvP matches after 5 minutes of not participating. 5 minutes should be enough time for MOST people who need to make a quick ELR (Emergency Lartine Run). If a person needs longer than that to take a dump, then they probably didn't need to click the "Engage!" on the pop-up in the first place. They can queue and then run to the toilet, and then join after they return.
so you just like to fail missions and getting placed on CD cause someone decides to just sit there idle?
[12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
[12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Captain
# 6
08-23-2013, 01:13 PM
there is a simple fix. Those players you have on 'ignore' you can't query up with. So those who go idle, you just 'ignore' and they have a harder time joining those games.

In the meantime, use the stf channel. If there's an idle player, you as host, ignore those and they can never rejoin your games.
Captain
# 7
08-23-2013, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaftravis05 View Post
there is a simple fix. Those players you have on 'ignore' you can't query up with. So those who go idle, you just 'ignore' and they have a harder time joining those games.
This is potentially a fix, but it's far from simple, it only looks that way because you're thinking about a single player.

Think about the following queue:

A is ignoring B
B is not ignoring anyone
C is ignoring A, D and F
D is ignoring B and G
E is not ignoring anyone
F is ignoring A, B and C
G is ignoring E and F
H is ignoring A

I think it's pretty clear what a massive headache matchmaking becomes? It could still be done. It would be a fix. But not a simple one. And queue times would become substantially longer as your ignore list increases, which is another complication.
Captain
# 8
08-24-2013, 06:26 PM
Quote:
so you just like to fail missions and getting placed on CD cause someone decides to just sit there idle?
You didn't even read my post did you? No, I said that if the server kicks players out of the game for sitting idle for 15 minutes, then it should be easy for the server to kick an idle player from a fleet action, STF, or PvP match for remaining idle for 5 minutes. That is basically one objective round in Mine Trap.

I do like the suggestion where ignored players can't be teamed in Fleet Actions and STFs. I hate having to deal with players I have added to my ignored list when I am in PvP matches. It seems like though I don't have to listen to their garbage, I still have to deal with their actions which may sabotage the match or STF just because they are being a jerk.
Career Officer
# 9
08-23-2013, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silkaverage View Post

Here we go again with our weekly AFK rant. That dead horse needs another beating.
Captain
# 10
08-23-2013, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopwithsnipe View Post
Here we go again with our weekly AFK rant. That dead horse needs another beating.
Well if it wasn't a habitual problem we wouldn't see these threads now would we?
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet