Commander
# 1 Fleet Field Gen & Tac Consoles
09-02-2013, 12:56 AM
You gave us wonderful Fleet Shields, Warp Cores and Eng Consoles, great.
But now give us Fleet Field Generators and Tac Consoles

They should be released, cause I can't spend about 40KK EC to buy a Purple Disruptor Induction Coil MkXII

That price is ridiculous.
So we need Fleet Consoles to get High Performing Consoles.

This could be unfair for them who struggled to get that consoles, but hey: 40KK EC is really too much.
Republic Veteran
# 2
09-02-2013, 04:19 AM
Well the difference is that RCS, Neut and Mono consoles were never as expensive as Tac and Field Gens are now, so the upgrade to Fleet versions was not as heavily felt on the exchange. But if Tac and Field Gens go the same route, a lot of people who spent many assets on obtaining Mk XII purples of these consoles will be quite annoyed that they have been snubbed by a better version obtainable with simple fl credits and dil. Considering this, and also for the sake of balance (particularly with the Tac consoles), I really think there should be some sort of drawback with the fleet ones, compared to Mk XII purples.

Disclaimer: I do not own any aforementioned Mk XII purples myself, just being a little bit thoughtful, that's all.
# 3
09-02-2013, 05:48 AM
First off, you are making a very bad assumption. Price on the exchange is NOT a reflection of the item's true value. It is only the price that people who have the item are willing to sell it for. If there was a cheaper one, it would sell very quickly(law of supply and demand). I do have a few MK12 purple consoles and I earned each one of them in Ker'rat. If you want to pick up those consoles you should farm Ker'rat as well.
Captain
# 4
09-02-2013, 05:53 AM
Why only Field Gen? I want Injector Assemblies for my unnecessarily fast Risian corvette.

Edit: We'll probably get fleet tac consoles when that Dyson sphere spire fleet holding opens.

Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Also, follow me on Twitter!
Republic Veteran
# 5
09-02-2013, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwford View Post
First off, you are making a very bad assumption. Price on the exchange is NOT a reflection of the item's true value.
Who sets the value? The playerbase. And what is the exchange? The playerbase. You want to see supply and demand in effect, then go see the price of Cell ships.
# 6
09-02-2013, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
Who sets the value? The playerbase. And what is the exchange? The playerbase. You want to see supply and demand in effect, then go see the price of Cell ships.
How often do you go shopping on ebay? This question is for anyone who is reading this. The exchange is the same way. If you want it now, you will be shelling out the cash for instant gradification. If you want it cheap, wait a while and shop around. OR, if you don't want to pay anything at all, you can go farm for gear (I can it "trash collecting"). If you set the difficulty high enough or choose to farm in Ker'rat where the enemies are harder, then you might just get lucky and get one of those items as a loot drop. Yes it is a low rate, but choose you priorities. You could squander EC on the exchange, or you can go get one yourself and sell the extra items for spare EC in the process. Seems to be a pretty straight forward solution to me.

Edit: I appologize if I sound angry or contrary, but it sound like the OP wants all the best equipment handed to him on a silver platter. That is not how this game works. You have to EARN the best gear and equipment, not demand that the programers change the system just because you feel it is unfair. I EARNED all of the good gear on my characters and it isn't even the best gear in the game!

Last edited by davidwford; 09-02-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Captain
# 7
09-02-2013, 09:04 AM
Cryptic will release fleet TAC consoles with the next holding, there is no doubt about that. What remains to see is if they go generic (projectile and energy damage only) or precise (by weapon type). I doubt they'll release field generators. If you want those try crafting them. Also, everyone is now flocking to disruptors because they are the current cool weapons to have. There are plenty of other good energy weapon options even if you don't see that many posts about them.
Captain
# 8
09-02-2013, 06:34 PM
Quote:
How often do you go shopping on ebay? This question is for anyone who is reading this. The exchange is the same way. If you want it now, you will be shelling out the cash for instant gradification. If you want it cheap, wait a while and shop around. OR, if you don't want to pay anything at all, you can go farm for gear (I can it "trash collecting"). If you set the difficulty high enough or choose to farm in Ker'rat where the enemies are harder, then you might just get lucky and get one of those items as a loot drop. Yes it is a low rate, but choose you priorities. You could squander EC on the exchange, or you can go get one yourself and sell the extra items for spare EC in the process. Seems to be a pretty straight forward solution to me.

Edit: I appologize if I sound angry or contrary, but it sound like the OP wants all the best equipment handed to him on a silver platter. That is not how this game works. You have to EARN the best gear and equipment, not demand that the programers change the system just because you feel it is unfair. I EARNED all of the good gear on my characters and it isn't even the best gear in the game!
Setting the difficulty up higher will not help you get a purple 12. Ker'rat isn't affected by difficulty level. Outside of very rare loot drops in Ker'rat there are two ways to get these consoles. 1) bonus prize for opening c-store packs. 2) fabricate console from alien artifact crit.
Empire Veteran
# 9
09-02-2013, 09:48 PM
Quote:
First off, you are making a very bad assumption. Price on the exchange is NOT a reflection of the item's true value. It is only the price that people who have the item are willing to sell it for. If there was a cheaper one, it would sell very quickly(law of supply and demand).
You didn't do very well in your econ classes, did you?
Career Officer
# 10
09-03-2013, 04:38 AM
If they do introduce Tact fleet consoles I do hope it is only for the lesser used ones that give boosts to mine damage, general torpedo or beam/cannon damage and not to specific weapon types like phaser, disruptor etc..

The MK XII consoles are nearly solely procured from doing the childrens toys doff assignments, if all consoles were available for fleet credits/dilithium it would make these doff assignments obsolete.

example. You farm constantly to build MK XII consoles and sell on exchange, 1 in 20 might be a decent purple console that'll pay out well (10-40m ec) or get a console in Kerrat (not sure if these actually drop) or get a decent purple mk xii console from a doff pack/lock box. you'll want to sell it for a profit if you do not want/need it especially if you are saving ec for a ship on the exchange