Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
# 1 Please FIX Nimbus III quests
09-20-2013, 12:39 PM
I can't tell you how frustrating it is that these simple little bugs plague nimbus. I've reported them and I'm sure that hundreds of other people have reported them. These fixes cannot be that hard. Please fix this INSTEAD of giving us more ways to spend ZEN.

If you still don't know there are two quests that are bugged:

Orion contraband - one of the containers at location 629 4 1378 is bugged. When this container is in your list to be inspected, you don't get credit once you interact with it and therefore the mission fails. I've tried to grab this first, last, and every incarnation in between and it doesn't make a difference.

Creatures of the Desert - this one is annoying as well. There is something that causes your beacon to STOP spawning creatures. Today, I had 9 seconds left with 39 dead. All I needed was one more for max reward and they stopped spawning. I think it has to do with other players either interacting with your event or starting their own. Also, there are times when the creatures are spawned from the start and there is no way to interact with the beacon. It's like they are out of sync.

Please, please, please, please fix this. It is a daily annoyance I'm sure to hundreds if not thousands of people.
Career Officer
# 2
09-21-2013, 06:38 PM
Creatures of the desert: I noticed something else with this mission. The device on the ground used to activate the mission at the farthest north and farthest south will have a group of scorpions sitting around them. No players in sight doing the mission. When the timer runs out any creatures left alive are suppose to despawn. I noticed when this happens is when the mission bugs out (pun intended). The scorpions sitting at the north and south device don't seem to go away ever. They will be there when I start my mission and still be there after it is over.

Edit: Another thing I noticed: when using the device second (or third, can't remember) from the south to start the mission, this happens every single time a group of worms spawn:
http://imageshack.us/a/img802/748/665j.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img534/340/g9ou.jpg

A tall transparent black pillar pops up just north of me when the worms do and slowly fades away every single time worms pop up at this location during the mission. The pillar is always in the same exact spot.

I have my graphics settings all the way up and this only happens at the 1 device I mentioned. Doesn't happen at any other locations on Nimbus III.

Last edited by monkeybone13; 09-21-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Ensign
# 3
09-23-2013, 10:35 AM
I reported both bugs when nimbus 3 first came out and both bugs are still present, this is extremely annoying. You don't even list it as a known issue in your weekly updates. Do you even look at the bug reports? Are you aware of these 2 bugs? Are you working on fixing them? When are they going to be fixed? Come on STO!
Ensign
# 4
02-27-2014, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcd73 View Post
I can't tell you how frustrating it is that these simple little bugs plague nimbus. I've reported them and I'm sure that hundreds of other people have reported them . . .
I've reported them too, as have at least two friends of mine, but we're pretty sure that ever since they started working on ARC that STO's in-game bug report feature goes to /dev/null
Captain
# 5
02-27-2014, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karhae View Post
I've reported them too, as have at least two friends of mine, but we're pretty sure that ever since they started working on ARC that STO's in-game bug report feature goes to /dev/null
ARC is totally separate from the STO devs and other PWE titles devs. ARC and the devs have nothing to do with each other.
Live long and Prosper
Ensign
# 6
02-27-2014, 08:06 AM
Make sure u are apsolutely alone when doing quest.That means to check if anyone else is in vacinity as well,that might start doing quest for him self.
Best way is to change to zone where you will be alone,only that way u can ensure that quest will finish properly.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 7
02-27-2014, 09:25 AM
Thank you for your reports.

I have confirmed these issues and reported them. I'm just a QA guy, so that's all I can do. It's now up to appropriate Leads and Producers to triage the issues and decide what gets fixed when. It will take time.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-28-2014, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
Thank you for your reports.

I have confirmed these issues and reported them. I'm just a QA guy, so that's all I can do. It's now up to appropriate Leads and Producers to triage the issues and decide what gets fixed when. It will take time.
Thank you so much for this. Even though we don't know when it will be fixed, it is very reassuring to know that it has been noted by someone on the team.