Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Need a bit of Help
09-29-2013, 09:37 AM
I am considering leveling some new Toons,

One is already Level six (and as part as the RP will be the first Caitain captain to serve on a starfleet vessel) and his theme is Pre TNG. Currently flying the T1 connie, and when it hits LTC, it will fly the Exeter class . Then for Commander it will have the 4 naccelled ship (cannot remember the name, sorry) and for Captain it will have the T3 (Yes 3) Excelsior and then [finally] for RA it will have the Excelsior [upgrade].

Would that be fun? And also where do I get the TOS weapons from? And lastly, for the officers uniforms, TWOK or TOS?
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Captain
# 2
09-29-2013, 10:57 AM
TOS phasers and torps come with the T1 C-store Connie, and AFAIK they're Mk Infinity, so their potency scales to your level. I saw a guy in a PvE about a week ago who was flying an upper level ship with TOS phasers. A non-level scaling version is available as a mission reward for episode "Klingon War", mission "Everything Old is New". TOS ground weapons are mission rewards for the following mission "Night of the Comet".

Can't give you advice on a build. I'm as much in the dark there as you are. As far as uniforms, I personally think the TWOK version looks better, but uniforms are completely cosmetic and have no effect on combat so it's up to you.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer

Last edited by starswordc; 09-29-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Career Officer
# 3
09-29-2013, 11:05 AM
My Caitain uses the TOS Tunic set, as for weapons most are given when you complete missions or if you buy TOS pack from Z-Store.

Vice Admiral Juda USS Manxman, Vice Admiral Hessed USS Shalom, Vice Admiral S'Motis RRW Sparrow, Vice Admiral Kadosh USS Yisrael, Vice Admiral Sh'ma USS Shalome, Lt Gen Rerrr IKS K'Rok