Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog #46
10-07-2013, 01:00 PM
Systems Designer Phil "Gorngonzolla" Zeleski reveals details about the upcoming Advanced Comm Arrays that are being added to Cruiser class ships in this entry of the Legacy of Romulus News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 2
10-07-2013, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Systems Designer Phil "Gorngonzolla" Zeleski reveals details about the upcoming Advanced Comm Arrays that are being added to Cruiser class ships in this entry of the Legacy of Romulus News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Very interesting.
Career Officer
# 3
10-07-2013, 01:05 PM
+1 Great idea to show the game isn't just about DPS
Join date: April 2010 ; Lifetime Sub since April 2010. Actual 1000 day vet.

Proud Member of: Fubar Inc.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
10-07-2013, 01:08 PM
Hmm interesting picture of a 5/3 weapons cruiser

New Fed Battlecruiser confirmed to be 5/3 weapons

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/w...1381171562.jpg

Last edited by raud1; 10-07-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Career Officer
# 5
10-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raud1 View Post

Yes, quite right, because also tehre is only 3 powers, and Battle cruisers get 3. Very well noticed.
Captain
# 6
10-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raud1 View Post

With DCs to boot. Now let's see how high they set the shield modifier, then try to claim it won't be tanky
Rihannsu
# 7
10-07-2013, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmfreddie View Post
I completely agree. An MMO is about teamwork, and about cooperation. Admittedly since another MMO came out I have been over there being a fantasy little self, but with this I am certain to get back on STO for more than just dailies to really enjoy the aspect of what I do best - support.
Fazemladaiya - proven to be THE friendliest guy on the gaming forums.
My Graphic Design Specs. Gaming computer specs coming soon once she is built.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-07-2013, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmfreddie View Post
I will have to disagree. We'll find most Cruisers running with the Weapon setting now...
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
10-07-2013, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unboundinferno View Post
I will have to disagree. We'll find most Cruisers running with the Weapon setting now...
Wait, you're telling me that there are Cruisers out there which weren't running with Weapon power set to maximum (or near-max)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybone13 View Post
... I stand by my statement that the romulan faction has 3 dreadnaughts, not 1.
By that logic, the Federation has five different Assault Cruisers because they're different classes: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Fleet_Assault_Cruiser

You're arguing a very small technicality. Effectively, the faction has one Dreadnought which can come in three variants.

--

Original Topic:

I'm looking forward to these aura-buffs. I fly a variety of Cruisers on most of my six characters, which covers standard, flight-deck, and battle cruisers, soI'll have the opportunity to try all the different powers.

Since the Dreadnought Cruiser has been singled out for different allocation of powers, I'm strongly inclined to believe this would indicate a review of this ship not too long from now, or at least with Season 8. Failing that, perhaps the Fleet Galaxy-X might be released.

As far as the Avenger is concerned, it sure looks like a nice ship, but it wasn't that many months ago that I invested in a Fleet Regent... and now that pinnacle of "Tactical" Cruisers is about to be superceded, no doubt. Better shields, better turn rate, access to Dual Cannons... of course this sort of power creep always happens here, but I wish I hadn't purchase several other Fleet ships for my main character as well. At least I'll be unlikely to purchase any more ships for my other characters (who all have only one Fleet ship for which they were specifically built).

Last edited by starblade7; 10-07-2013 at 09:04 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-07-2013, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starblade7 View Post
Wait, you're telling me that there are Cruisers out there which weren't running with Weapon power set to maximum (or near-max)?
You misunderstand.

Command ? Weapon System Efficiency:

The Weapon System Efficiency Command reduces power drain from weapons by 25% for the cruiser and nearby allies. This Command will reduce the significant drain from directed energy weapon fire. Ultimately, this will lead to higher sustained damage and quicker recovery from firing energy draining powers like Beam: Overload.

That setting will be most likely the main setting of choice. If I continue running my Oddy when it hits, that will be what I will run.

Threat isn't needed, I won't ever bother with shields - I'm runnign max and rarely downed facing unless swarmed by Borg, and there is little reason for Manuverabbility if you know how to plan your flight - so why run anything else?

This is a damage perk. I'll be able to abuse Beam overload more. My weapons will be at max more, the damage will be higher - that is what will be run.