Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Mission Issues? On rare occasions, players encounter anomalies in their missions that prevent them from advancing. A mob might now spawn, an enemy’s AI could go awry, or script within the map could get stuck. If this happens to you, the safest thing to do is restart your mission from the beginning, to ensure that you don’t miss out on any accolades.

1.) First, Abort your mission by clicking on the “Abort Mission” – it’s the button in the upper-left hand corner of your mini map
2.) Press ‘J’ to open your mission journal
3.) Highlight the mission that is giving you trouble
4.) Click Drop Mission
5.) You can then take the mission again by clicking on “Remove Contacts” and selecting the appropriate contact (still inside your mission journal)

This should work on the ground… and in space!

If you encounter the same problem twice – then it’s most likely a bug. If that’s the case - please submit a bug to the GMs, and they will ensure that development is made aware of it.

No away team? - We have seen reports of players beaming down to a ground map without an Away Team. Fortunately, this can be easily solved by beaming out and back in. Simply click on the “Abort Mission” button in the upper left hander corner of your mini-map.

Check the known bugs – The GMs actively publish the confirmed bugs in the bug interface. if you click on “Report a Bug”, then select a category, you can view the list of known bugs. Avoid looking like a noob – check the bug system before asking in chat!

Missing your pre-order items – This question comes up a lot - Pre-order items are applied to your account after you apply your retail key, but not before.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 10:20 AM
For the no away team problem, should we not be using /fillpetteamlist to fix it?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 10:21 AM
With the away team bug will the former "/" fix still work?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 10:21 AM
LOL who thinks alike???? thats would be me and Tad!!!
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2010, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-D
LOL who thinks alike???? thats would be me and Tad!!!
And ngille too, apparently. Yeah, we pounced on that one didn't we...
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2010, 10:26 AM
YEs!! We pwnd this thread and the internetzzzzz
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2010, 10:30 AM
oh, I'm sure, there will be tickets. Simply deleting the OB-tickets from the database won't make the bugs disappear.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-29-2010, 10:30 AM
I've found that 90% of these problems can be fixed simply by beaming or warping to sector space and then clicking "Continue:Blah Blah". No need to drop the mission and start again.

Stuff this has successfully fixed for me (Spoilers I guess...if anyone cares?) -

The shapeshifter not shapeshifting on that cardassian station
Not being able to interact with a bunch of NPCs on various missions
Not being able to beam up the incapacitated farengi smuggler
Exploration missions where too few enemies have spawned to complete the mission
The dreaded beaming down as a ship
Releasing that green woman from the Klingon prison
and other stuff like that
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-29-2010, 10:20 AM
There was a command rumored to work for your bridge officer /FillPetTeamList or some such, does that still work?
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-29-2010, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngille View Post
There was a command rumored to work for your bridge officer /FillPetTeamList or some such, does that still work?
Well, that bug should be fixed in this build. But yes, that command will still work.