Career Officer
I was re-watching a few episodes of Enterprise, and suddenly came to realize:
Why did'n they install Air-bags and Seatbelts on shuttles?

I mean, In TNG alone they wrecked several shuttles, often with head injuries.

I know that Air-bags have massive drawbacks (talking from expirience, they aren't always comfortable to come into contact with), but by the 24'th century, you'd think they would have fixed those flaws, and made them comfortable to hit on impact.

This thread was placed in Ten Forward on purpose.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Captain
# 2
10-16-2013, 09:23 AM
Same reason they've never heard of circuit breakers, seat belts, or pressure suits* on the bridge, and the same reason the big E's warp core can't eject: it's cooler-looking to have redshirts getting killed by getting tossed around the set.

* In the event of hull breach.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Captain
# 3
10-16-2013, 09:33 AM
Hehe makes me think of all the times those tubes and cables fall off the ceiling

Why do they keep putting them back up there!

though i think as with most things a bit unusually silly in trek, its to do with the Secret Cabal who maintain the Narrative with their vast array of plot devices

Either that or it was......The ICONIANS!

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Career Officer
# 4
10-16-2013, 09:57 AM
Like the real military, all items are manufactured by the lowest bidding contractor.
That redshirt, Totally got vaped!!!
Career Officer
# 5
10-16-2013, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjhunter View Post
Like the real military, all items are manufactured by the lowest bidding contractor.
Well I think theres only one bidder... Total price for a Type 11 shuttle: 0 EC.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Career Officer
# 6
10-16-2013, 10:30 AM
They could also do that foam filling barrier you see in Demolition Man. Turn 'em into a giant cannoli.

Join AIE Today! http://forum.myextralife.com/forum/6...r-trek-online/