Lt. Commander
We still need full autofire dev's, my keyboard will die!! why o why do you ignore us??
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dushku
We still need full autofire dev's, my keyboard will die!! why o why do you ignore us??
/signed
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dushku
I vote NO, to full auto fire. you need to keep some skill left in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 02:50 PM
Auto fire or no Auto Fire is really not a concern. Those that want want it will simply get a looping macro to "fire all weapons" every 1 second on a toggle trigger.

Skill or not if you really want to auto fire all your weapons there are ways.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2010, 02:52 PM
This has been debated a great deal during the beta phases and beaten to a bloody pulp. In a nutshell, unless the devs decide to change their minds, this will not change.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2010, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beknatok View Post
This has been debated a great deal during the beta phases and beaten to a bloody pulp. In a nutshell, unless the devs decide to change their minds, this will not change.
I'm sure the devs have just 1 front and 1 rear weapon autofire limit for a reason. Heck, it might even be a freaking damn good reason for it. However, have they communicated that reason? nope. They have not told us either way if autofire will be extended, or not. No response at all. That is the main problem I have. They just choose to ignore it altogether.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raximillian
I'm sure the devs have just 1 front and 1 rear weapon autofire limit for a reason. Heck, it might even be a freaking damn good reason for it. However, have they communicated that reason? nope. They have not told us either way if autofire will be extended, or not. No response at all. That is the main problem I have. They just choose to ignore it altogether.
old game engine from another game they made.. limitations on autofire are probably hard coded into the UI scripting language they use. this is something they need to look into fixing.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyheart View Post
old game engine from another game they made.. limitations on autofire are probably hard coded into the UI scripting language they use. this is something they need to look into fixing.
Even if this were true, writing GUI script to handle this is a non issue. It's just a matter of doing it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyheart View Post
However, for a limited time you could put on more than two autofire weapons within the basic UI. It was nothing more than a glitch in the game code (and how it trusts the client too much), but for a time, you could put two, or even three, weapons on a single side onto autofire.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by learpilot View Post
I vote NO, to full auto fire. you need to keep some skill left in the game.
It there was a decision when firing turrets at one one is better than firing them at another time, then sure, I'd agree with you. But as long as I have energy, and a good setup, it is never a bad time to fire energy weapons. So what do we do? keep mashing the space bar. Does that add to the game? nope. Does it show any skill? nope.

I agree full autofire is not needed. Torps and mines should always be manually fire. But beams, cannons and turrets should have an autofire option. You need to fire then when shields are up, and when shields are down to keep them down. There is no decision to fire or not. As long as I have energy, they better be firing.

Come on Cryptic, how long do you intend to ignore this? The longer you ignore it, the worse it will be.