Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
So its not Beta its live so whats the apologists excuses now?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 12:57 PM
No apologies needed.

So far so good other than a bit of lag in ground combat that I didnít see a week ago and some login issues.

What did you expect? All of the people who liked the game last week in beta to suddenly decide it sucks now that its not beta?

I for one was never expecting a huge patch like some were. I think the game could have been polished more and more content added before launch but it is complete game in its own right now. Just not as complete as i would like ..

But hey its a mmo they are always evolving and adding. Having fun. This game is killing my Frost Emblem farming time In WoW and that actually says a lot for STO
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 01:01 PM
No excuses for Cryptic they "should" have been prepared for launch. That said, very few MMO launches go smoothly, companies should learn how to deal with this, but that is not the norm.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 01:05 PM
Its 'head-start' official launch isnt until 2/2 .. so we still have 4 days for the magic patch.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2010, 01:11 PM
No magic patches needed. The game works great. A few missing options from the C-Store. Otherwise it works fine.

Just because they didn't put your favorite options, doesn't mean there's something "wrong" with the game. If crap isn't working, then you can b**ch. Til then, play the game a little more. You might enjoy it if you play rather than complain.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2010, 01:14 PM
The game itself is running smooth as silk, its the Login and Loading that is a killer.

It is taking me an average of 20 min to load into a new instance or sector or area. ONCE in it runs fantastic, but the length of time its taking to GET in is a gamebreaker. It wasnt doing this during BETA so i suspect its patch and/or network related since it seems to be NOT affecting everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragerx
So its not Beta its live so whats the apologists excuses now?
Everything is working great? It's a heck of a lot of fun and it was deterring me from doing homework that I have to get done today. No problems here.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-29-2010, 01:51 PM
It's a better launch then most of the other MMO's I have played. However people seem to think whenever a new MMo comes out that all other MMO's before it had magical care-free launches.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-29-2010, 01:54 PM
You think cryptics server load anticipation is fail you should have seen blizzards. Blizzard turned there 3 year server upgrade plan into a 3 week server upgrade plan. They had to rush by servers in mass to meet the need. They where off by a huge amount.

I have also seen games go the other way and thats worse, when they launch with 10 servers get everyone spread out people complain about areas being devoid of people and the world seeming barren and leave then a few months later they combine the servers down to 3 to try and fix it. Its not an exact science and its a lot harder then you would think.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-29-2010, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalyouth

I have also seen games go the other way and thats worse, when they launch with 10 servers get everyone spread out people complain about areas being devoid of people and the world seeming barren and leave then a few months later they combine the servers down to 3 to try and fix it. Its not an exact science and its a lot harder then you would think.
not only is it worse for the players it's bad PR for a game to insitute server merges as that makes folks assume the game is dieing, even if the population is stable and even increaseing from what it was 6 months prior.