Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
ok this is fu--ed up i want to make a joined trill char to get the bonuses, but guess what they wont let me make one till i get my retail key on tuesday,

wtf is the point of a head start when im going to have to re roll and start again on tuseday? real this is bad planning, i was considering a lifetime sub until i seen first hand how terrible cryptic realy are at planning ahead,

Hell even the grind fest that was **** made sure we got our pre order stuff for early start, amature, plain and simple thats all that can be said.

they better offer us the chance to upgrade our current chars to the bonus ones or ill not be bothering with this game after my first 30 days, i played this cause i dont want to grind, and all you done is made sure i will have to.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHand View Post
ok this is fu--ed up i want to make a joined trill char to get the bonuses, but guess what they wont let me make one till i get my retail key on tuesday,

wtf is the point of a head start when im going to have to re roll and start again on tuseday? real this is bad planning, i was considering a lifetime sub until i seen first hand how terrible cryptic realy are at planning ahead,

Hell even the grind fest that was **** made sure we got our pre order stuff for early start, amature, plain and simple thats all that can be said.

they better offer us the chance to upgrade our current chars to the bonus ones or ill not be bothering with this game after my first 30 days, i played this cause i dont want to grind, and all you done is made sure i will have to.
you should have a nap...you might feel better after you're done.

Play a klingon...or use your guy to get gear then make your trill at launch.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox of the house of Vox
you should have a nap...you might feel better after you're done.

Play a klingon...or use your guy to get gear then make your trill at launch.
Two problems with that (and that was my thoughts exactly)

1) We are limited to two slots (unless you bought a year or lifetime). In order to give gear to your guy at launch you cant create a Klingon (need both slots for 2 fed chara). But there is even a BIGGER issue...

2) DO NOT MOUNT anything you want to pass to your character. If you do you cant mail it , cant put it in a fleet bank.... I know. I unmounted my Covalent Sheild Mk1 to give to a fleetmate.... I couldnt give it to him becuase it was previously mounted (wtf stupid rule is that).

A way around Number 1 is to be in a fleet (you can trust) and put the gear you gather and money in your fleet bank for withdrawl on monday/tuesday.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWinkie View Post
Two problems with that (and that was my thoughts exactly)

1) We are limited to two slots (unless you bought a year or lifetime). In order to give gear to your guy at launch you cant create a Klingon (need both slots for 2 fed chara). But there is even a BIGGER issue...

2) DO NOT MOUNT anything you want to pass to your character. If you do you cant mail it , cant put it in a fleet bank.... I know. I unmounted my Covalent Sheild Mk1 to give to a fleetmate.... I couldnt give it to him becuase it was previously mounted (wtf stupid rule is that).

A way around Number 1 is to be in a fleet (you can trust) and put the gear you gather and money in your fleet bank for withdrawl on monday/tuesday.
Hi, welcome to MMOs, where green, blue etc color coded gear is Bind on Equip - even states before you equip it that it will be bound to you and will be unable to trade it. Most MMOs do this.. WoW, LoTR etc etc..
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2010, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreugan
Hi, welcome to MMOs, where green, blue etc color coded gear is Bind on Equip - even states before you equip it that it will be bound to you and will be unable to trade it. Most MMOs do this.. WoW, LoTR etc etc..
This^^ and...there will more than likely be bind on pickup items also in STO, you loot it, it's yours, whether you can use it or not....
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 02:59 AM
Ok i didnt realize i was on the eve online forums and not the sto ones or atleased i would have though i was with the sheer number of *******s on here /sarcasm off

oops that was about as subtle as a cricket bat in the face but like i care.

firstly i like many others didnt know bonus items wouldnt be available at head start infact the advertisement on the atari websit where i purchased the game kinda leads you to think you do heres a quote of it so you can see what i mean.

Pre-order offer:
Pre-order now and receive guaranteed access to the open beta, and access to the head-start weekend. Beta begins January 12, 2010 and runs through January 26, 2010. Head start will begin on January 29, 2010, and runs through launch.

Pre-order customers receive a registration card (or email) calling out the offer and delivering a UNIQUE code which will flag their account to receive all pre-order content. All bonus items and perks are non-transferable, non-tradable, and non-saleable items.

Star Trek Online - Digital Deluxe exclusive in-game items :

"Joined Trill" - a symbiote that grants you several lifetimes of experience.

Original Star Trek Uniform Set - Three uniforms from the original series (blue, red, yellow).

Exclusive "KHAAAN!" Emote - An unforgettable moment from the second Star Trek Film. This exclusive emote allows players to relive Kirk's unforgettable moment of fury, with the timeless cry: "KHAAAN!"

Exclusive Klingon Blood Wine Toast Emote - Raise a glass like a Klingon! Greet other players with an exclusive Klingon gesture - the blood wine toast.

Unique Registry Prefix - Give your ship the coveted NX prefix, seen only on a handful of elite Starfleet vessels like the Defiant, 22nd century Enterprise, and Prometheus.

Unique Ship Item - Automated Defense Battery. This Tactical Module grants any ship a passive 360 arc attack power with a short range.

as for you guys going on about grind another char and start again on tuseday who the **** wants to run the same mundane missions over again later on? i dont care what you all say i still call this as crap, i dont see you lifers waiting for your borg why should i wait for my trill, i dont care about the other items not been available, but i think the trill not been available to use instantly is stupid.

also i fianly got my retail key from atari after sending them a snotty mail, and guess what i cant add it to my account to unlock my stuff now. yet again restictive and pointless.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreugan
Oh so its only the colored equipment (I assume these are rare or mission reward items). Thats not too bad then. I will still be able to transfer a lot of stuff and energy credits then.

The only MMO I have played is World War II Online for the last 5+ years...... didnt have to worry about instances, bound equipment etc etc....
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox of the house of Vox
or use your guy to get gear then make your trill at launch.
how does that work?
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-29-2010, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHand View Post

Don't lie, **** was the same, you couldn't get your bonus items in headstart, but **** only offered in-game items so it wasn't really a big deal.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-29-2010, 01:11 PM
OMG I got what I paid for but not the free stuff???

If you were considering a LIfetime sub 4 days aint gonna kill you.

I feel your pain though, I want my Connie!