Lt. Commander
# 1 Better than I thought
01-29-2010, 02:26 PM
So, I'm sitting here at work and I'm browsing the forums, and I can't help but notice that aside from the numerous, and numerous threads about the borg captain, as well as the steam issue. This launch is going pretty smoothly, the forums aren't as flooding as much as I've seen them in other launches, and the developers are quickly reacting to problems as they arise. I have to give kudos to cryptic thus far, I personally can't wait to log in and simply play, but that's not for another 2 hours till my shift is done.

Hows the lag and everything in the game looking?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 02:44 PM
Yes, it looks like it was a good decision to go to work, instead of calling in sick to be in the rush to be the first online... Hopeful the worst of the startup glitches will be fixed by the time I'm ready to go online this evening...
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 02:47 PM
agreed. it looks as if things are going well shame i cant play i have to wait till the 8th of feb
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 09:40 PM
Well. I got to play for a few hours today, and aside from some rubber-banding, everything seems to be pretty functional. My Borg Captain showed up eventually... I can complete exploration missions, and the episodes aren't completely impossible to complete solo, like some were during OB.

I'm very glad that I didn't take off of work today to play because the issues with the login server early made it impossible to log in for a few hours.

In the grand scheme of MMO pre-launches, it rated a 4/10 on the Julio Torres Scale.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2010, 10:19 PM
Sure I couldn't login at actual zero hour, but I knew that was going to be the case. Plus, Steam decided I needed to download 10 gigs again, so the wait worked out for me. Logged in around 2 pm, played for about 5 hours with no discons, ground/space transition bugs, etc. All in all a pretty stable experience. THe hardest thing was probably getting used to being in a Miranda again after my Intrepid from OB.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2010, 10:30 PM
I just logged in 5 hours ago, dispite a bit of lag. So far absolutely no issues, they seemed to have fixed a few issues I was having transitioning between zones while as part of a team. Which was very pleasant, played 5 hours. No disconnects, a little lag but I had a ton of fun. Can't wait to play again after work tomorrow!
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2010, 10:39 PM
Good, good!! Glad to see more and more players happy with the game! This will/has made my purchase descision a bit easier, now I just need cash! :p