I wonder why the Sovereign class and some other Federation ships have not received any consistently hullmarkings.
Ships such as the Ambassador class, have excellent markings, but the rest of the ships, especially the sovereign, were not brought to this state. is there still something to be changed or should everything stay the way it is? Probably not, right?
That's because they're the old ships made by Cptn Logan. The Ambassador, Steamrunner etcetra are JamJamz's work. He's put far far more effort into accuracy that Logan. Especially in phaser arrays hazard markings and the strips themselves. Pin striping. RCS.
Just, over all detail is superior quality.
I would absolutely love it if JamJamz remastered all the old Federation starships to his quality. Especially the Intrepid, which, in my own opinion, wasn't one of Logan's best works.... The Galaxy's Stardrive is another notorious one, aswell.
Last edited by trekkerchick; 10-21-2013 at 03:46 PM.
The original ships were rushed out the door to meet the Launch deadline. They're not as detailed or evolved as later ships. Many of the older ships have undergone some tweaking since Launch but there hasn't been a lot of incentive to work on a "free" ship where there's so many C-Store, Fleet Store, and Lockbox ships to work on.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
The Sovereign did get an update a few months before F2P went live. The only thing that could make her more accurate is if Jamz tweeks the skin so the hull lines are thinner and tweeks the windows so they match up the Enterprise-E model. Other than that, she is pretty accurate. Only thing better than that is if they come across a hull material that better handles lighting similar to what we seen on screen.
I would pay to unlock remasters of the old starships. Especially the Intrepid, Nova, Nebula and Galaxy.
You hear me, Cryptic? *rattles purse* I would pay!
- Olympic (it was done almost completely wrong)
- Negh'Var (lacks many many details, I hope those come with the next KDF-Zen-ship)
- Constitution TMP-refit (c'mon... it looks like those engineers from NX-01 rebuilt it)
- Galaxy/Nebula/Luna (could be worse, could also be one hell of a lot better)
- Nova (The fleet-version didn't get an update on the main deflector, but it needs a better deflector. Badly.)
- Better textures for klingon ships and altered models for D7 and bridges for non-klingon KDF-vessels. Where did the Gorn, Orions, Nausicaans and Letheans get the blueprints to excuse their own lazyness of interior ship-construction? And since when does anybody but klingons like blood-red, smokey places to sit and run a ship all day?