Lt. Commander
# 1 Sorry Cryptic, I have to ask.
01-29-2010, 02:47 PM
When purchasing the game, the ads for the game didn't state that we didn't get digital collectors edition races, etc. How come basically those that purchased collectors edition get a wipe to make the race they want, while lifetime doesn't? Or will we be able to reset our race after release at least?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 02:57 PM
Bear in mind you do not yet have your preorder box containing your preorder retail key. The key you were given was a open beta/headstart access key - it didn't contain the information about what your bonus items will be. You will need to actually receive the bought product to receive those items.

In other words the key you have now is the same type of key I have, even though we probably have different preorders. When we pick up our boxes on release day you will get your race and I will get my sweet, sweet Constitution class. Think of it as a last two days of beta where your characters won't get wiped - or an early two days to earn a Klingon for launch day
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaelas View Post
When purchasing the game, the ads for the game didn't state that we didn't get digital collectors edition races, etc. How come basically those that purchased collectors edition get a wipe to make the race they want, while lifetime doesn't? Or will we be able to reset our race after release at least?
Cryptic and their retail partners didn't do a very good job of explaining this at the point of sale. Eventually, a bunch of people who've been around since before Open Beta will sigh loudly at you and exclaim that this has been known for months, because some marketing guy made a forum post about it...

However, many, many customers were confused and dismayed by the lack of pre-order bonuses with Head Start. After all, they're giving us "special" starter equipment. It won't do much good once we start getting into the Lt. Cdr rank.