Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Increase AI damage levels
01-29-2010, 03:33 PM
Its so close right now guys but honestly as it stands far far to easy. As a level 2 captain I took my ship over to the SB24 Fleet action and engaged and entire group. This is a ship with basic items nothing new added. I took the whole group on for around a minute. In other missions I can stay a nice stationary target with full power to weapons (same items as before) And lay waste to battle ships.

I can understand the need for a learning curve but not for it to be stupid easy I would suggest another 10-15% damage boost at least for all AI (Except the Non tutorial Borg those are golden).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-29-2010, 04:16 PM
I agree, the NPC's are just too weak to gain any enjoyment out of fighting them. It simply doesn't feel right when a Light Cruiser can take down a Battleship without taking hull damage.

In closed beta I could only just solo most missions. Now I go into missions and I can kill everything without any problems.

I pre-ordered and lifetime subbed this game because of the intense space combat but now there is no fun to it.

GIVE ME MY CHALLENGE BACK CRYPTIC!!!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-29-2010, 04:20 PM
It's supposed to be easy for the first few levels gang. Things will start getting more and more difficult as you level up.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-29-2010, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
It's supposed to be easy for the first few levels gang. Things will start getting more and more difficult as you level up.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Can you confirm at what lvl it gets harder, is it before lvl 11? If not then what about those of us that bought the EBgames/Gamestop CE that comes with a Conie with a extra eng spot how is it even going to be fun flying in a that ship with two eng Bo's when the mobs now don't do any damage now, can you imagine how much more useless the mobs will be when players can start using that ship? It would take the fun out of even having that ship.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-29-2010, 05:09 PM
For my science vessel I'm finding it ok.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-29-2010, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasten View Post
Can you confirm at what lvl it gets harder, is it before lvl 11? If not then what about those of us that bought the EBgames/Gamestop CE that comes with a Conie with a extra eng spot how is it even going to be fun flying in a that ship with two eng Bo's when the mobs now don't do any damage now, can you imagine how much more useless the mobs will be when players can start using that ship? It would take the fun out of even having that ship.
It gets an extra console slot, not BOff, I believe.

And, yes, it does get harder in the higher levels, 11+.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-29-2010, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axterix
It gets an extra console slot, not BOff, I believe.

And, yes, it does get harder in the higher levels, 11+.
Thats want I ment a extra console mean another active eng BO hence two BO's though I could have worded it better.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-29-2010, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasten View Post
Can you confirm at what lvl it gets harder, is it before lvl 11? If not then what about those of us that bought the EBgames/Gamestop CE that comes with a Conie with a extra eng spot how is it even going to be fun flying in a that ship with two eng Bo's when the mobs now don't do any damage now, can you imagine how much more useless the mobs will be when players can start using that ship? It would take the fun out of even having that ship.
If the game hasn't been tweaked too much since the last phase of Open Beta, the game's difficulty will pick up towards the late teens and early 20s in level and definitely into the late 20s and early 30s.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-29-2010, 11:07 PM
We need difficulty settings, lots of difficulty settings.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-29-2010, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
It's supposed to be easy for the first few levels gang. Things will start getting more and more difficult as you level up.

Thanks,

Stormshade
This is actually kind of true. In the OB my Heavy Cruiser can lose an entire shield side in one volley from a Romulan escort of cruiser or battleship.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:50 PM.