Lieutenant
# 1 So the Avenger material...
10-27-2013, 11:07 AM
When the Avenger was released it was said that the Type 6 material would be the "Avenger material". So when I got my Avenger I was surprised to find not only the type 6 material, but also a dark blackish blue material called Avenger.

At first I thought it could just be the skin the fleet version had but its a completely different skin. Alot of my fleet mates say its a pun on the Vengeance from ST Into Darkness. What are your opinions on this?
Captain
# 2
10-27-2013, 11:23 AM
TBH, ANY additional personalization colors/patters options of virtually any kind are welcome. We need a little more customization for ship structure (placement of pylons nacelles perhaps saucer versus hull) for slight kitbashing to show "love" for our long term ships..
Captain
# 3
10-27-2013, 02:00 PM
If there is indeed an "Avenger" material type, I want to see it added to all other ships for players who have purchased the Avenger.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
10-27-2013, 02:26 PM
It's definitely a reference to Into Darkness, I didn't use it initially because I love the Type 6 materials on all the 2409 inspired Cryptic designs. It does look pretty great with the blue window option, but I tend to take off the default Andromeda pattern so it's just a plain black hull instead of having stripes too.
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Terrell-STO.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
10-28-2013, 05:52 AM
I want them to add it for any ships of the person that has purchased the Avenger. Better yet, give us the USS Vengeance in the C-Store. Cryptic seems to have no problem making 300-200 year old ships beast *cough t'varo cough Excel cough*
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
10-28-2013, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
I want them to add it for any ships of the person that has purchased the Avenger. Better yet, give us the USS Vengeance in the C-Store. Cryptic seems to have no problem making 300-200 year old ships beast *cough t'varo cough Excel cough*
Cryptic can not use anything from the Abrams Movies. Not simply my opinion here, but contractual laws preventing it.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.