Lt. Commander
Okay, I petitioned about this because I could find no answer and the only answer I got from players in game was to CTRL+Left Click the X in these Tips to make them not repeat. Yet this does not work for me, I am continually having to close these annoying tips that pop up every time I go by an NPC that makes one appear (Shipyard, Personel, etc.).

So, I finally got a reply back about it and this is what my petition was and what they said:

Petition:
Quote:
How do I disable the tutorial pop-ups? I've read this all before, over and over (you know what I mean ), during Open Beta. Now these are just getting down-right annoying, popping up in and before battles and such. Is there a way to stop them from popping up please?

Thank you for your time.
GM's Response (after about a 6-hour wait):
Quote:
Greetings. The issue you are looking for is simple gameplay question, which can be answered among other players.

Please keep in mind that in order to allow us to help the greatest number of players, the GM ticketing system should be used for reporting problems only and not for general gameplay questions. Furthermore, you may be able to find assistance with similar questions by seeking out the assistance of other players in game or visiting the official forums which can be reached through the Community link at the top of the launcher.

Thank you for playing!
I find this lack of customer service to be appalling. Someone took the time to write that long canned response out or at least took long enough to read my petition and copy and paste a response when they could have probably just answered my question in the same, if not less, amount of time.

Furthermore, this is a problem. It happens every single time, over and over again. Nothing I do works to stop this from happening, so excuse me for going to the ONE SOURCE that I knew would have the answer, when the answers I received by players did not work.

Anyway, yes I am upset. I am in a great deal of pain so I am probably making a bigger deal out of this than it really is, but man this is the worst canned response to a simple question that I have ever gotten, and that includes my 10+ years with Ultima Online.

I mean Really? The GM's cannot answer simple questions like this and make their users feel as though they care about them and want to help them have the best game-play experience possible? Now I would have understood such a response if I would have asked something like "How do I equip a weapon?" or "where is Sulu?"

So.. Can anyone help me?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 01:32 AM
Just to be clear, because people keep telling me in game to click the little X in the tip to get rid of them:

I have, many times. It only works while I stay on the Station. When I leave and come back to thee Station, those same NPCs always make these Same Pop-Up Tips appear.

I have also tried CTRL+Left Click, ALT+Left Click, Shift+Left Click and a the same combination with right click. Nothing keeps them at bay indefinitely.

Thank you for your time.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 01:55 AM
Well, since no one seemingly knows, I am filing a new petition:

Quote:
Okay, I got a canned response to my last petition on this: Disabling the Tutorial Pop-Ups? - #554595 - Star Trek Online

I did as the message said, asked both in game and on the forums (again), and I keep getting the same responses that are of no help.

So, let me be a little more clear. When I enter Earth Spacedock and walk by any NPC that gives a Tip Pop-Up, I get the Tip Pop-Up, which normally would be fine. I click the little X inside the tip (not the one on the surrounding box, tried that too though), and the Tip dissapears. Great right? Nope! So, I leave Earth Spacedock and do some stuff, then when I return and go by those same NPCs that I have previously clicked the X on for their Tips, their Tips pop up yet again. This happens every time I re-enter Earth Spacedock, it is like the Tips are resetting themselves when I leave and re-enter Earth Spacedock.

I have tried every combination of Left and Right Click with CTRL, SHIFT, and ALT, to no avail. These Tips always re-appear when I re-enter Earth Spacedock and go by those same NPCs.

I am appalled that I got such a canned response to my last petition over this issue and just hope that it was a misunderstanding of my problem. This is a Problem!

So, please just answer me, how do I stop this from happening? Is this a known issue you are working on? Is there something I need to do special on my end (that should be covered somewhere in your documentation, but apparently isn't). For no User, like your GM said to ask, is able to give me an answer that solved my problem.

Thank you for your time.
Is anyone else experiencing this same issue?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Zebular
This is something that's annoyed me to no end throughout CB, OB and now the Live Game.

A tip should pop up once, or there should be an option in the Options Menu to toggle them off.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 02:42 AM
I too have found these tips popups to be extremely annoying.
In all my years of gaming I cannot remember any game, at leasy not any MMO, that did not have the option to turn off tips, hints, and tutorials.
I can accept it comming up the first time, but every time I visit a vendor is simply too much.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 02:48 AM
I am glad I am not the only one experiencing this. Thank you for your replies.

Just to update, this also happens when re-doing lower level missions with Tips in them. I just re-did the P'jem mission with someone who needed help and was again bombarded by those very same Tips through out the Mission, even though I had previously had and closed them when I did the mission originally by myself.
Lt. Commander
# 7 Tips = Bully
01-30-2010, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cost View Post
This is something that's annoyed me to no end throughout CB, OB and now the Live Game.

A tip should pop up once, or there should be an option in the Options Menu to toggle them off.
Please fix this soon... it's so annoying!
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 01:59 PM
Good afternoon all! So, any word on this yet?
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Zebular
Well, since no one seemingly knows, I am filing a new petition:

I am having this issue aswell.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 11:15 AM
So glad I'm not the only one. I asked in general Zone chat in a few places and everyone seemed to think it was in the Options items. But I sure don't see a box there to check so Tips don't pop up again.

Was it really intended that Tips always pop up even if we don't want them to?

Don't get me wrong. I love them and they are helpful the first couple of times. But after that I don't need to know what talking to Ensign so and so does.