Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Bringing the server down at this time for 2 hours is pretty disappointing.

I understand the need for maintenance, but if its 1100GMT it harms the EU player, Cryptic please reconsider this schedule.

Thanks


oh...bring it back ASAP
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-30-2010, 03:57 AM
Its better then peak time GMT think its the best time all over
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-30-2010, 03:58 AM
No matter what time gets picked its going to be bad for someone
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-30-2010, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smattc View Post
No matter what time gets picked its going to be bad for someone
DIdn't Spock say something about sacrifiing the needs of the few for the needs of the many?

There is a time where it affects the least people, and EU primetime is not it.



Actually, what really ticks me off is that I could hardly play last night because Steam decided that not only did I need to redownload all 10GBs again, but once I did DL it all, it wasn't going to work anyway and just crash on the launcher. So I log on this morning having hardly played (all I did was char creation last night) and I get 30 mins before downtime. I guess things can only get better, but I am quite ****ed off atm.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-30-2010, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataq
DIdn't Spock say something about sacrifiing the needs of the few for the needs of the many?

There is a time where it affects the least people, and EU primetime is not it.



Actually, what really ticks me off is that I could hardly play last night because Steam decided that not only did I need to redownload all 10GBs again, but once I did DL it all, it wasn't going to work anyway and just crash on the launcher. So I log on this morning having hardly played (all I did was char creation last night) and I get 30 mins before downtime. I guess things can only get better, but I am quite ****ed off atm.
Lmao thats what you get for using steam(ing pile of #@%$). Stardock's Impluse all the way, screw valve!

But really 6am est is deff the best time to take the servers down if you got to take them down. Pretty much every single mmo comp does downtime at this hr so its nothing new to mmo gamers. I'm just hopeing now that we are out of beta that the servers dont need to come down every morning.....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-30-2010, 04:32 AM
I never said a bad word about this game, but I really need this to get off my chest.

Why doing maintenance in the weekend? And why does have it to be on this time?

Headstart was a failure for those who bought Lifetime. I had to wait 6 hours (right before I went to bed) so I could choose the Borg character. Now I am awake, and the server is down...

For me the headstart was a complete failure. I would like to see some compensation for the LifeTimers
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-30-2010, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataq
DIdn't Spock say something about sacrifiing the needs of the few for the needs of the many?

There is a time where it affects the least people, and EU primetime is not it.



Actually, what really ticks me off is that I could hardly play last night because Steam decided that not only did I need to redownload all 10GBs again, but once I did DL it all, it wasn't going to work anyway and just crash on the launcher. So I log on this morning having hardly played (all I did was char creation last night) and I get 30 mins before downtime. I guess things can only get better, but I am quite ****ed off atm.

Everyone who is getting games by steam when there are other ways to get them wins a /facepalm
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-30-2010, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thane71
Everyone who is getting games by steam when there are other ways to get them wins a /facepalm
Thank you for the /facepalm. In the spirit of friendship I raise my middle finger to you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-30-2010, 04:03 AM
Exactly, gonna have to live with it. Cant see it being an issue tbh and I live at GMT+1.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-30-2010, 04:06 AM
After what I saw during CB and OB, they always underestimate the downtime. I wouldn't be surprised if the so called maintenance lasted for 4-5 hours.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:43 PM.