Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
You did this all through open beta, random patches, we're forced to download them if we want to continue playing, but we have no idea what you're doing!

Are you nerfing us? Buffing the mobs? Making space combat so pathetic that the average player can do it in his or her sleep? Buffing boarding parties to infinity and beyond (/buzz lightyear voice)? Adding extremely annoying sound effects that are produced if we push a hot key for a beam weapon or projectile that is on cooldown? Fixing bugs?

We want to know! Each and every time, not just when you feel like it! And add a link on the launcher for the patch notes so we can read it while it patches!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 07:28 AM
If it's just a little patch, just rest assured it is basic stability fixes. Any serious bug fixes or content changes will have patch notes. They are pretty good about that.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 07:42 AM
This thread is uncalled for. You know they will put up notes when they are relevant to us.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieScream View Post
This thread is uncalled for. You know they will put up notes when they are relevant to us.
Im paying for a product and service, so everything is relevant to me; even if it is stability related.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cik View Post
Im paying for a product and service, so everything is relevant to me; even if it is stability related.

No. No it isn't in any way, shape or form. You really need to drop that entitlement attitude you have.

They said it was a full server stability patch. thats ALL you need to know.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post

No. No it isn't in any way, shape or form. You really need to drop that entitlement attitude you have.

yes it is what if it means we need to change drivers on our cards like if they fix issue that was making people do rollbacks. SO EVERY patch is relevant.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post

Nope sorry. Maybe in the UK customers that pay for a service are told to gf yourself by service providers, but not where I'm from; we have expectations when we pay for a product and service.

So again, it is far from absurd to expect input on changes to services or products that we're paying for, even if the changes are simple.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cik View Post
Thisa is one of the most self-centered things I've ever heard.

Does your bank notify you if it changes a manager? NO, it does not.
If your car manufacturer makes a minor design change during your car's model year do they notify you? NO, they do not.

Does Microsoft notify you when they find a new security flaw? NO, they do not.
If a airline changes a flight time, do they notify you BEFORE you get to the airport? NO, they do not.

'Nuff said - you don't need to be informed about every little thing. You're not part of Cryptic, you license a service fromt hem. They are not obligated to tell you everythign they do internally. That's even why most MMOs have a clause int heir Terms of Service that state explicitly that things in-game may change without warning - to cover themselves from backseat drivers like yourself.

Buy Cryptic out, THEN you can demand such things. Until then, HTFU and STFU.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 11:16 AM
"Thisa is one of the most self-centered things I've ever heard. (NOT EVEN CLOSE)

Does your bank notify you if it changes a manager? NO, it does not. (NO BUT THEY POST IT)
If your car manufacturer makes a minor design change during your car's model year do they notify you? NO, they do not.(NO BUT THEY POST IT)

Does Microsoft notify you when they find a new security flaw? NO, they do not.(NO BUT THEY FIX IT THEN POST IT)
If a airline changes a flight time, do they notify you BEFORE you get to the airport? NO, they do not. (YEA, AND PEOPLE LOVE THE AIRLINES BECAUSE OF THEIR GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE)

'Nuff said - you don't need to be informed about every little thing. (SOME PEOPLE DO) You're not part of Cryptic, you license a service fromt hem. They are not obligated to tell you everythign they do internally. (MAYBE NOT OBLIGATGED BUT IF THEY'RE LOOKING TO KEEP THEIR CUSTOMER BASE THEN MAYBE THEY SHOULD TAKE GOOD ADVISE) That's even why most MMOs have a clause int heir Terms of Service that state explicitly that things in-game may change without warning - to cover themselves from backseat drivers like yourself.(ITS FINE IF THINGS CHANGE, MANY PLAYERS WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THOSE CHANGES ARE)

Buy Cryptic out, THEN you can demand such things. Until then, HTFU and STFU. (IF YOU WONT EVEN HEAR OUT HIS OPINION AND ADVISE WHY WOULD YOU THINK HE WOULD LISTEN TO YOUR GENIUS ADVISE OF STFU)"

----------------------------------------------------------

Every ones looking for something different in a game. Don't hate on people because they want to know the rules of the game they are playing. I for one would like to know when things change in the game, doest matter if they are small or major changes.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieScream View Post
they're patching the game WE are PAYING for so its relevant to ME. I guess its not relevant to you as you dont care about the quality of service your paying for with your's or whoever's money but I do.