Lt. Commander
I earned my new rank! Why the heck should I pay some Cardassian 60 energy credits to give me my pips? :p

Just asking that rank changes be free at the tailor. It's kind of a jab in the side when you just get out of the tutorial, rank up to Lt, yet you're more broke than a Ferengi woman and can't afford to show your shiny new rank to the world. :p
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 08:50 AM
I dont recall having to purchase rank pips during beta, that does seem odd if it is that way now... Hopefully they will change it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 11:50 AM
I had to buy all my rank pins and such when I was in the military. heh. They don't cost much in game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotgunAvenger
I had to buy all my rank pins and such when I was in the military. heh. They don't cost much in game.
Did you also have a replicator and a phaser? Because if you did, I want to join too!

Seriously though....when you go though the "promotion" mission, they should "pin" the rank on your uniform. That would be cool, and very Star Trek.

muffinlad
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinlad
Did you also have a replicator and a phaser? Because if you did, I want to join too!

Seriously though....when you go though the "promotion" mission, they should "pin" the rank on your uniform. That would be cool, and very Star Trek.

muffinlad
Shouldn't cost you anything. As long as you go through the admiral to get your promotion, you should get one free costume change per rank (I got mine last night at Lt. Cmdr.) This won't cover any promotions you give your BO's, but it will cover your own pip change.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 12:11 PM
Quote:
what he said.. yes you earned it, now go buy the appropriate uniform 'upgrades'
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinlad

muffinlad
Nice idea.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 12:08 PM
Quote:
I'd have to agree with Shotgun.... if you pay for your rank insignia in real life, there's no reason why you shouldn't pay for it in the game.

Just be happy we don't have to pay for photon torpedoes...
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomyril
I'd have to agree with Shotgun.... if you pay for your rank insignia in real life, there's no reason why you shouldn't pay for it in the game.

Just be happy we don't have to pay for photon torpedoes...
Unfortunately I don't know what poor countries military shotgun served in but where I'm from you certainly don't have to pay for your first set of insignia. You get a complete set and only if they have to be replaced(with the same rank ) do you have to pay it yourself(actually, you get a yearly stippend for that )
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 02:12 PM
Or just make it automatic