Lt. Commander
# 1 Pixelation Issues?
01-30-2010, 09:16 AM
I've been working on STO since Closed Beta, but for some reason I have stumbled upon a major issue that suddenly appeared once Head Start started (this has never happened before). For some reason, the Character Creation page is all fuzzy and makes everything look like it is underwater. Is anyone else having a similar issue? I've attached a pic so you know what I'm talking about. I'd appreciate any help anyone can give me (as you can see from the chosen image I am a Lifetime Subscriber, so I really want this to get fixed). Thanks for your help!

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/2056/fuzzyborg.png
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 10:08 AM
ok what u need to do is go to ur video optiona and turn off the "Half Resolution" option at the top.

that will fix it
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 10:12 AM
I love half resolution Kinda of a "omg wth is wrong with my comp" check.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the responses, guys. I have fiddled with the resolution in the game and it just makes the planet in the background at the start page sparkle with red spots. I've also checked my video display options on my computer and they are at their highest. I'm going to try and re-download my videocard driver and see if that makes a difference.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 11:43 AM
Still no joy, I'm afraid. Thanks for the input, though. Any other suggestions?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 01:32 PM
Looks like half-resolution is enabled. I'm guessing you've checked and double checked that.

the CoX engine can have a UI resolution and a world resolution. It's possible that your world resolution is set really low somehow, perhaps a manual .ini edit. If the server was up, I'd take a look into the advanced settings on STO but it's not, yet. One thing you could try that might recreate your settings is changing the resolution the game is running. Changing between fullscreen and windowed, if in windowed try resizing the game.

Another thing you can try is either deleting or moving the file Gameprefs.Pref from your <where STO is>\Star Trek Online\Live\Localdata directory. If you open it up in notepad you can look for GfxSettings.ScreenHeight and GfxSettings.ScreenWidth for your resolution. Interestingly, above those two entries is GfxSettings.RenderScaleX and GfxSettings.RenderScaleY. My config file says "0" for both, they may be set differently in yours.

I hope this helps somewhat, let us know how it goes