Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 704
For a MMO that is a disasterous statistic. Cryptic must do something.

Visit my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Akurie369?feature=watch
Star Trek Online Florida http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1313161
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,276
# 2
10-25-2013, 09:04 AM
I agree just delete ground pvp already.
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,051
# 3
10-25-2013, 09:23 AM
Less than 50, eh? How do you figure that number? If I sat down and named every ground PvPer we would get well over 100 players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
I agree just delete ground pvp already.
Antoniosalieri has been Tricorder Scanned and Nanite Infested. Activating Strike Team, Target Optics, Battle Strategies, Ambush, Power Cell, and Fire On My Mark.

Aim, Sniper Shot!
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,276
# 4
10-25-2013, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
Antoniosalieri has been Tricorder Scanned and Nanite Infested. Activating Strike Team, Target Optics, Battle Strategies, Ambush, Power Cell, and Fire On My Mark.

Aim, Sniper Shot!
Noooooo Snake Dance, Snake Dance, Snake Dance!

I'll bow out now... sorry really don't know what they could do to make ground attractive to the masses.
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 650
# 5
10-25-2013, 09:38 AM
I suck at ground, haven't put any time in to learning how to use the kids in ground, nor what equipment is best for ground. This is somewhat due to bad experiences but really the skill tree is the big deal. I spec for space, I don't want a disadvantage there, and I love space. That is not just that I put the minimum points in ground to make my ground the best it can be, but I also put ground skills where I can train the most abilities for bridge officers.

My guy is pathetically prepared for ground pvp, but more than enough to get through ground missions in pve for fun.

People want more ground pvp players then there is going to be a need to not cause space to be sacrificed for ground. I am not alone among my friends. We are willing to break into it and play it but not at the expense of space. We have our priorities and since the dev team made them competitive through the spec system and prevent us from the option of making a ground alt due to rep, we are just forced to avoid ground most the time.
PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,051
# 6
10-25-2013, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milanvorius View Post
I suck at ground, haven't put any time in to learning how to use the kids in ground, nor what equipment is best for ground. This is somewhat due to bad experiences but really the skill tree is the big deal. I spec for space, I don't want a disadvantage there, and I love space. That is not just that I put the minimum points in ground to make my ground the best it can be, but I also put ground skills where I can train the most abilities for bridge officers.

My guy is pathetically prepared for ground pvp, but more than enough to get through ground missions in pve for fun.

People want more ground pvp players then there is going to be a need to not cause space to be sacrificed for ground. I am not alone among my friends. We are willing to break into it and play it but not at the expense of space. We have our priorities and since the dev team made them competitive through the spec system and prevent us from the option of making a ground alt due to rep, we are just forced to avoid ground most the time.
Well, once Season 8 launches, you will be able to reach Tier III in all reputation systems. At Tier III you unlock almost everything you need to do well in Ground PvP. Reaching Tier V Omega Force will give you the Mk XII sets and the Omega 10 minute heal. Tier V New Romulus will give you the Plasma/Disruptor Hybrid weapons, but Tier III is all you need for the majority of Ground PvP. That really just leaves the actual leveling of a new character for ground PvP. Good news, it just so happens that Cryptic is running a double XP event at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
I like how in STO the status quo is the exact reverse of SWG.

Ground was much the same. You didnt have 1-2-3-4 i win combos like was described earlier in the thread. Even a full stack of spy buffs didnt guarantee a oneshot kill, and always left you defenseless in the end.

You could win a 5 or 6 on 1 in that game if you were good enough. Here its numbers win every time. Especially the "right professions and ships".

The more I compare the PvP of this game to other games, especially those I have hardcore played, the more I get disenfranchised and want to retire from it here.
The combo I described above requires two players to perform, a science officer and a tactical officer. You can live though it, but only if you have buff abilities active at that time. There are no i win attack combos in this game for ground. There are combinations intended to reach quick kills, but such attacks don't guarantee kills. Everything on the ground has a counter.

You've mentioned that you have had bad experiences with Ground PvP in the past. If you'd ever like to give learning Ground PvP a try, you are welcome to message me ingame, I'd be more than happy to help you.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 78
# 7
10-25-2013, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Noooooo Snake Dance, Snake Dance, Snake Dance!
*notices antonio snake dancing, readies rifle*

Sorry couldn't resist.
Selun'x Alien Sci - Zarza Reman Tac
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 558
# 8
10-25-2013, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Noooooo Snake Dance, Snake Dance, Snake Dance!

I'll bow out now... sorry really don't know what they could do to make ground attractive to the masses.
Ha ha, we got the new battleground, emphasis on GROUND.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 970
# 9
10-25-2013, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
Less than 50, eh? How do you figure that number? If I sat down and named every ground PvPer we would get well over 100 players.
100s of players -versus- 100,000s of players. According to January 2013's anniversary infographic, "Star Trek: Online" had roughly two million captains.

Link: Anniversary Infographic

In order to get to fifty percent, the number of players would need to be around one million. If the ground PvE queues are of any indication, the game's overall population has declined significantly. During this time each year, I think "Star Trek: Online" hits a slight lull.

Last edited by linyive; 10-25-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
I agree just delete ground pvp already.
OMG SHUT UP WITH THE EFFING "LOLGROUND" "DELETE GROUND" "GROUND SUCKS" AND ALL THAT BULLCRAP

I'm getting tired of spacers come in on ground pvp threads and saying the same bull crap every time, yes we have flaws (your space isn't any better you know [newly cruiser builds with cruisers showing up all over queue using faw dem and a2b]) yes our population isnt as nearly as big as you "SPACERS" but us small group Love it just like you spacers love your space, so why all the hate? if you don't like playing / doing ground, ignore the queue and keep your mouth shut!
<a href=http://www.facebook.com/at.cakuzma target=_blank>Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page</a>
Real Join Date: 2009
Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:08 PM.