Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Being pug stomped is zero fun. It's one of the main reasons I have seen people swear off pvp. Either add a q for teams or tell the players that they are about to be going into a match against a pre made, so that they may choose not to accept the q.

There are people that would like to try to get into pvp. The reason they will not is because they do not wish to take part in being stomped by pre mades. The pre mades are out of control in the q and at times own it so hard that the q stops working because no one wants to fight a pre made.
Captain
# 2
11-05-2013, 05:00 AM
PUG-stomping would cease if, instead of a queue based system, you had a Lobby-based system similar to how private matches work. That way if you see you are walking into a PUGstomp, you simply leave.
Captain
# 3
11-05-2013, 05:56 AM
It always baffles me why people even pugstomp in the first place. Whenever ive been in a premade that ended up completely dominating the other team, I felt bored and was wasting my own time.

hell ive even taken off my shields just to make it interesting.

Why do these asshats constantly go balls to the wall full strength even when they know they had the other team beat before the fight even commenced?

I dont get the mentality really. The most common reason to PvP is for a challenge above AI.

There is no challenge in pugstomping.

it doesnt make you good either, it makes you cheap.

Everything is OP, plz nerf
Fleet Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Captain
# 4
11-05-2013, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
It always baffles me why people even pugstomp in the first place. Whenever ive been in a premade that ended up completely dominating the other team, I felt bored and was wasting my own time.

hell ive even taken off my shields just to make it interesting.

Why do these asshats constantly go balls to the wall full strength even when they know they had the other team beat before the fight even commenced?

I dont get the mentality really. The most common reason to PvP is for a challenge above AI.

There is no challenge in pugstomping.

it doesnt make you good either, it makes you cheap.
I totally feel the same way. I know there's certain times of day where there's not a lot of organized pvp, but really, now there's the TD channel. There's not many excuses anymore.
Career Officer
# 5
11-05-2013, 07:40 AM
I lose more potential PvP Players through Pugstomps.

I have tried to get my fleet more interested in PvP... one because I seriously enjoy it (most of the time).

Pugstomping, Spawn Camping, Condescending comments, spammed abilities/cheese, and so on...

Spent some hours in the queue recently... consistently ran across 3 - 4 premade teams. I monitor Organized PvP... didn't see either of them looking for a fight with another premade... so I have come to believe the "there is no other team to play" is utter BS. I can count on 1 hand the number of times I have seen people looking for other teams to fight in OrganizedPvP... Most of the time, its pugmades being formed to go hit the queues. A few times I see random 5v5's formed.

There are a few who will comment about backing off spawn points... letting the other team regroup, etc... but far too few.

I'm not saying let someone win... but at least make it interesting. If you are totally dominating, as a pre/pugmade... have a player back out of the battle, go 4 on 5, or 3 on 5. Unslot a bridge officer or two. Something...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-05-2013, 07:40 AM
The issue is that the current pvp system doesnt queue up two teams together, even if two premades are queued at the same time and neither got a pop, chances are that boh groups still will be queued up against groups of pugs rather then against each other....

Knowing that, do you still think its all to be blamed on premades? Im pretty sure they also try to get 5v5s going but unfortunately the pvp queue system is as basic as it possibly can be...
Read the book of the Rihannsu.
Career Officer
# 7
11-05-2013, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightylepton View Post
The issue is that the current pvp system doesnt queue up two teams together, even if two premades are queued at the same time and neither got a pop, chances are that boh groups still will be queued up against groups of pugs rather then against each other....

Knowing that, do you still think its all to be blamed on premades? Im pretty sure they also try to get 5v5s going but unfortunately the pvp queue system is as basic as it possibly can be...
I am not blaming premades for anything... I blame pugstomping. Premades just seem to seem to be the poster children... but seriously, this happens with Pugmade can pugstomp just as easily.

But for the record, I do not believe that premades make an effort to find other equally skilled teams to fight against... like I said... I monitor OPvP... and I have rarely seen the teams that I faced in the queues... Announcing that they are looking for a team.

I reiterate; I a not advocating for throwing a match... but I am advocating for making it intresting. If your team is dominating the match (you can tell within the first couple kills), then attempt to level the field a bit... play a ship down... play without pets... unslot spcial consoles... anything.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Career Officer
# 8
11-05-2013, 07:51 AM
Applaud this thread - it makes a good point. What IS the fun of joining a PvP match only to find yourself on the receiving end of a 15-0 stomping and a premade patting itself on the back for an easy victory? Such instances are where 'enjoyment' goes to die.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Career Officer
# 9
11-05-2013, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genada View Post
Being pug stomped is zero fun. It's one of the main reasons I have seen people swear off pvp. Either add a q for teams or tell the players that they are about to be going into a match against a pre made, so that they may choose not to accept the q.

There are people that would like to try to get into pvp. The reason they will not is because they do not wish to take part in being stomped by pre mades. The pre mades are out of control in the q and at times own it so hard that the q stops working because no one wants to fight a pre made.
i agree but though wish to state something:

-pugmades are not premades
-fleetmades are not premades

so, if you run into a group of "superior" teamplayers from different fleets (or all from the same), it's not given that it's a premade. may it's just some friends going together. f.e. me and 4 fleeties, 4 of us as tacs and 1 sci, is not a premade. sometimes it's not 4 others, but rather 1 or 2.
u even easily can get stomped by a pure pug as well.

a premade usually consists off 2 tacs, 1 engi and 2 scis (or 3 scis, no eng...). of course this can alter, but the most important fact remains. premades train for certain strategies against other premades and use to use ts. fleet- or pugmades mostly don't, or if, they mostly not have that focus on functioning like a single ship alltogether. it's more about the fun.

fun... this leads to stomps:
i totally agree that stomping ain't really fun for anyone involved. but for premades u have to see it's also about the training.
"go in premades vs. premades then": there's not always a premade or pugmade to fight. also setting up a match usually takes more time than just q'ing up and go. and, btw, premade not means win if you're going against a pure pug consisting off experienced players .

i'd love to see an alternative system as well, i only hoppped in for this single clarification:
may not every superior group one can run into is a premade .

also:
every time i read something about premades i have to think about my first weeks on bf3 when it came out. i got owned for 2 weeks(!) at least, playing almost each day for some hours.
there are always some who have better insights and/or "skills" (call it what u like in here), gear, etc..
and i have to think about this game, where i totally got owned in pvp all the time the first attempts on.
but also i'll never forget some matches after i started to adapt and learn what to do to be at least a bit competitive.
f.e. that one match with a fleetie from my former fleet (nc), who has been on a sci, me tac. together we owned a full group of one of the very known pvp-fleets in a c&h. has been hillarious ... sometimes it can be good not being on the radar ...

the biggest problem for me just has been that you almost learn nothing about the games mechanics while levelling your first character. it almost doesn't matter in pve what u bring in what combinations (skilltree, gear, reps, synergies, stacking, etc.).
u have to learn from other players or get it yourself (there's tons of good info in this forum about pvp and game mechanics). bootcamp is a good adress as well.

wow... sry it became a wall of text, guess i better should do something senseful now ;D.

edit: a good adress for premade-free matches seems the tyler durden ingame chatchannel.

Klink: House of Beautiful - J'Luc/Rom: Lag Industries - D'Waste/Fed-Sci: Lag Industries - IAM
Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
PvP improvements, since 2010 lol
/50+ Fleet-, Lobi- and Lockboxships=unreclaimable trash

Last edited by wast33; 11-05-2013 at 06:02 AM.
Captain
# 10
11-05-2013, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genada View Post

Agreed. This is one of the points I have been trying to make for a long time.

Visit my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Akurie369?feature=watch
Star Trek Online Florida http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1313161