Lt. Commander
# 1 subscription quesry
01-30-2010, 11:14 AM
I have just read, with dismay, your pricing plan for STO - most MMO's charge approx 8.99 INCL VAT. You are charging 8.99 then adding VAT on top.... Making your MMO more expensive then most.
Could you please explain the thinking behind this#? I think you may well be shooting yourselves in the foot if you get known for running an expensive game - and I think it's fair to say, that despite my enjoying the game, it isn;t worth that much.... I should consider looking at that pricing again, if I were you...

I would appreciate a dev response to this please.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 12:16 PM
I have to agree. 8.99 + VAT is hardly competitive with other games and I can't see it being particularly viable beyond the initial few months of novelty.

STO is a fun game but it just doesn't have the breadth, depth, polish or stability of many games that cost 8.99 INCLUDING VAT (compared to 10.56 for STO).

Just feels a bit like they look at Star Trek fans as an easy bunch to milk for money. That's a tragic shame.

10.56 compared to 8.99 a month is hardly a life altering amount but it does make me, at least, look at the relative value, whereas if it were 8.99 I probably wouldn't. I can't see STO holding enough value to keep me subbed for more than 2-3 months at this apparently unjustified price point.