Lt. Commander
Memory Alpha - Has anyone figured out what the magic number is yet? Can some kind of indicator or message be added so we know when we've hit the magic threshold for dealing with other folks there please?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 11:21 AM
I'd like to know that, too. I keep 'crafting' green phasers, and still nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 11:23 AM
I'm not even going to bother with M.A until some kind of guide on how it works comes out.
Which I expect to come from the community not Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acherion View Post
Memory Alpha - Has anyone figured out what the magic number is yet? Can some kind of indicator or message be added so we know when we've hit the magic threshold for dealing with other folks there please?
Seeing a post like this gives me a sinking feeling that there has been no actual change from the build we were seeing in open beta to the build we are seeing in the live headstart.

In beta, the other scientists were installed, but their "stores" and a means to progress from Romaine to the other scientists was not implemented. I had hoped that they were working on this in an in-house build that we would see in headstart, but it seems this is not the case.

If anyone has actually been able to move past Romaine in this build please post about it.

I presume the way it's actually supposed to work when implemented is that either you do another quest/mission for Romaine after the introduction mission, or that you will be able to simply deposit your anomalies in the various receptacles found all over Memory Alpha to count as some sort of progression through the various categories of "crafting" to unlock more items/stores/recipes.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 12:14 PM
I believe the magic number is 30. 30 creates from Romaine is the unlock. I haven't actually done it yet, but I'll let you know when I finish it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradence View Post
I believe the magic number is 30. 30 creates from Romaine is the unlock. I haven't actually done it yet, but I'll let you know when I finish it.

Just wondering where you got that number from?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 12:52 PM
I sure hope your wrong ...................
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandius View Post
Just wondering where you got that number from?
Probably his ass.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 01:00 PM
It's easy! Everyone knows that the magic number is 42!
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 01:01 PM
Yeah I hope that's wrong too, even if you just turn in hypos with 6 anomalies that's 180 anomalies that have to be the right type plus the cost of buying 30 medium hypos because I doubt you'll find that many. And with no income besides selling batteries and the slight chance of other drops it's gonna get costly to level "crafting" That and by the time we get past Romaine anything we make for her is so out dated and the process begins again to make stuff appropriate to our levels...