Lt. Commander
Currently, the Star Trek Online Server is down. We are aware of this issue and are currently working to bring the server back online as soon as possible. Please keep an eye on this page for updates, and notification when Star Trek Online is available again. Thank you, The Star Trek Online Team

Edit: The server is now back up! Thanks for your patience!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the information
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 12:23 PM
Got any release notes for the 3am patch to post while we wait? :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 12:24 PM
thx for the info. problems like this are expected to happen in a new MMO game keep up the good work
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybeta
thx for the info. problems like this are expected to happen in a new MMO game keep up the good work
Soy you pay 15 dollars a month to support good intentions?
Lt. Commander
hey Cryptic, how about more transparency about whats going on ? I mean, unless you're running a server-farm that's based from the 1970's, your live diagnostic tools will tell you RIGHT NOW where/what failed, which gives you a good insight of approximately how long and such. It's not something we'll hold you liable for or any other legal hostage takings. But WHAT HAPPENED and HOW LONG (approximately) until everything is back up ?

cheers
@
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlana View Post
hey Cryptic, how about more transparency about whats going on ? I mean, unless you're running a server-farm that's based from the 1970's, your live diagnostic tools will tell you RIGHT NOW where/what failed, which gives you a good insight of approximately how long and such. It's not something we'll hold you liable for or any other legal hostage takings. But WHAT HAPPENED and HOW LONG (approximately) until everything is back up ?

cheers
@
I wonder this same thing... I'm an IT systems admin and have to run server farms with 99.95% (at least) up time. If something goes down, we reboot, pull logs, and bring an application online ASAP... this is usually at most 15 minutes... not one hour. I'd love to understand what is going on over there. We had a stability crash 2 months ago on our online app, we looked for bugs while it was running and monitored stability to put in a patch that night... not looked while it was down. I really can't believe it takes one-two hours to get servers back online. That indicates someone needs to invest in some modern technologies.

Yes I know this is an MMO and it just launched... I've played many MMO's for years including at launch (WOW, UO, ***, Tabula Rasa - keep in mind that last one). This isn't reinventing the wheel though... Cryptic has had 3 MMO's now under their belt.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliel View Post
Soy you pay 15 dollars a month to support good intentions?
Head start is free
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKurj
Head start is free
It is, but these downtimes will continue to happen when it's live.

That's what happens with MMO's, I wonder if any of the complainers have played MMO's before, I clearly remember WoW's first month was plagued with unplayability.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 12:38 PM
Having played EQ1 and EQ2 for over 7 years, and having that game crash with every expansion.. This on isnt doing all that poorly. I would have hoped they would have incorporated a better way of communication for outages. The message could be posted on the login screen with an ETA.
Closed Thread