Lt. Commander
I think gamers should contact their local goverment representative about establishing legislation so that companys who create mmo's have to meet a certain service level for their customers. This is not to just bash Cryptic, but if you pay for a game, you should at least be able to play it without worrying about servers going down every five minutes, server not responding messages, etc. The only only reason they can get away with this is because they don't have any rules or punishment if they disobey those rules. The trend will continue to get worse if people don't join together and put a stop to it. Microtransactions will get worse, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 12:38 PM
Lets keep the Govt. out of our hobbies....sheesh!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhg
Lets keep the Govt. out of our hobbies....sheesh!
Let's pay the government to NOT DO ANYTHING. They have a tendancy to screw stuff up anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 12:42 PM
We do NOT want the government involved with this. Enough said.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 12:43 PM
I am contacting my representative now!
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 12:50 PM
there are laws, rules and regulations that they need to adhere to, you just need to know where the company and it's servers are based, then sift through the local laws etc to find out your rights.

with this game being owned by an american company, and the servers also being in america, then you will know where to look if you feel atari/cryptic are scamming you/not providing a satisfactory service etc. however american buisness laws are not overly consumer friendly, however when a consumer does have a legitimate claim it can cost the company a ton of $$$'s.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gul_Exo View Post
there are laws, rules and regulations that they need to adhere to, you just need to know where the company and it's servers are based, then sift through the local laws etc to find out your rights.

with this game being owned by an american company, and the servers also being in america, then you will know where to look if you feel atari/cryptic are scamming you/not providing a satisfactory service etc. however american buisness laws are not overly consumer friendly, however when a consumer does have a legitimate claim it can cost the company a ton of $$$'s.
However, no internet service can offer, promise, guarantee, or in any way advertise "no downtime." The reason being that nobody who uses the internet can reasonably expect that the services will be available 24/7, with no maintenance downtimes. Since this was never offered, advertised or implied, nobody has any reasonable expectation of that being given in any way.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 12:57 PM
Government regulates the medical industry including who makes the medications. Have you seen the prices of a hospital stay and their $100 aspirin yet? I have.

Government regulates your driver's license. That little paper and slip of plastic costs around 2 bucks total to produce. Think about the upcharge there to bring you your regulations. Think the roads are safer? More people die in a month on roads than people die all year to gun related accidents.

Government regulates our economy. Look around. I don't think they're doing a good job.

If Government was to ever get into the mmorpg scene and regulate it, enjoy your $59.99 per month fee for worse service than what you get now. And in order to buy the software, you'll need to take classes on how to update your drivers and get it stamped at the DMV so your ID has the endorsement on it that allows you to play.

I remember when fishing wasn't regulated... I could fish all I wanted, when I wanted, and nobody charged me anything beyond what I paid for the bait and tackle. Now.... well.... it just costs too dang much for a fishing license.

Keep Uncle Sam out of it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmun
Let's pay the government to NOT DO ANYTHING.
I already do that - it's called taxes.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.S.S.Krieger
I already do that - it's called taxes.
lol! That is so true.